£2.49£12.45 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Sicilian Datterini Tomatoes
- Far too many Sicilian tomatoes are aggressively grown, using hydroponics and hormones
- Ours are bee-pollinated and rich in minerals from the volcanic soil
- We only work with two growers, Francesco and Bartolomeo
- Their tomatoes have intense, concentrated sweetness
- Because they are sun-ripened and minimally watered
- Vines will be dry from the extreme heat, and the fruit will detach easily, but these are signs of quality
Take it further
- Segment and stir make a raw pasta sauce: with fennel seeds, chilli, -garlic and marjoram
- Make a roast datterini and ricotta tart
- Add to lunchboxes as an alternative to fruit
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (45)
Squishy and inedible.
Some were rotten and leaked all over the pack. So I did not try any.
Pointless why are they so expensive they taste bland and boring
not the best
Day of purchase were soft and old looking - picked out a couple for my salad. Following day a fifth of the box were furry. I imagine they are nice enough when fresh but wouldnt bother trying again or recommend.
pea sized green tom
Half were Pea sized and green . No resemblance to the photograph. Even though I bought them on offer I expect quality.
These little tomatoes arrived soft and old - only good for soup - and a day after they arrived I delved into the box to find one covered in green mould. Not good.