£4.00£1.33 per 100g
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Black Iberico Tomatoes
- Black Iberico are a variety of tomato that only reach their full potential in winter, when the stress of the cold makes the plants work harder.
- Grown on the coast of Andalusia, the plants are put under even greater duress by the salinity of their environment. Using a finely-tuned balance of rainfall and seawater, the growers irrigate the plants just enough to keep them alive.
- Ripening slowly from the inside out, their skins remain firm and streaked with green. However their flavour is fully developed, balancing the bright acidity of their seeds with the distinct umami sweetness of their crunchy flesh.
- We dub them ‘Winter Tomatoes,’ bringing together these outstanding varieties under one name as they share a similar flavour profile and must be sown in winter.
- In season only from the end of December to early May, the flavour of winter tomatoes cannot be replicated at any other time of year.
Take it further
- Cut into wedges, drizzled with seasalt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Roughly chopped, cooked slowly with olive oil. Toss through penne.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (42)
These are expensive but they are the only slicing tomatoes with any flavour at present. My family get through a pack each day and I am grateful they have been on an offer recently. We take several out of the fridge each morning as they are much nicer at room temperature.
Full of flavour!
I started buying these when the IOW tomato stall boxes went out of season. I eat one (sometimes two!) everyday. They are packed with flavour and are very juicy. I usually have them in pitta pockets with cheese, cracked black pepper and a smidgen of pink Himalayan salt - simple yet divine! Please keep stocking them.
won't be buying again
most of the tomatoes were heavily bruised, the ones we ate were pretty tasteless and the remaining ones went mouldy very quickly
These are delicious, both raw and cooked, the flavour is excellent. As a bonus, the packaging is 100% plastic free
We've been buying lots of these for weeks
We make chunky tomato sandwiches for ourselves at the lunch table. They taste gorgeous and the juice spills out and makes the sandwiches moist and digestible. One of the joys of winter!
packaging changed tomatoes ruined
The packaging has been changed for this produce and its resulted in very damaged and bruised tomatoes. Theses should be hard and quite chewy instead they are crushed and soft. Not worth the money. I got a refund!