FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Ripe Italian Melon
- We source our melons direct from Oscar Zerbinati, a specialist melon grower in the northeast of Italy.
- Grown in open fields on the Mantua floodplains. The clay soil in the area withholds moisture from the plants, exerting the vital stress that creates exceptional flavour.
- This means that sugars are undiluted, flesh is firm and saturated in juice.
- Left to ripen fully in direct sun, picked only when the leaves are golden and the skin is almost bursting with flavour.
- Oscar grows two varieties of orange flesh melons: rough-skinned Sunsweet and smoother Honeymoon.
- Grown in open, untreated fields, these melons are entirely unsprayed.
Take it further
- Brush with extra virgin olive oil, drape with Parma ham.
- Serve with salty cheese such as Pecorino and rocket as a summer salad.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 3 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (28)
I purchased this in flash half price sale and even at half price was expensive for a melon. I was expecting a melon full of flavour and aroma and I have got neither. It is not even sweet.
Thanks to the Coppeilas poetic review of this melon, I decided to try it and absolutely loved it. I have never tasted melon this good! Just so deeply flavourful and sweet!
Fine, but no more
For this price, you expect better than fine. Really couldn't discern any difference between this, and the standard melons at a third of the price.
different from ones ordered in July
Just had one delivered and it was different from ones we had ordered in July. The ones in july were special with a special producers stamp and were especially sweet, justifying the price but the one we just ordered is a normal cantaloupe melon but still charged at £6.99, without any warning. If the season for the special ones are over, they should be labelled as such or not be charged at this price
delicious but EXPENSIVE
This was delicious - ate the whole thing myself. I bought t on a flash sale for £3.49. Dont think I would pay £6.99 for it though...
Incredibly sweet expecially if you leave it out of fridge for 1-2 days topped with some Italian Prosciutto San Daniele was SUBLIME! The only remark is the price for the small melon that came! But have to say taste like they do in Italy!