£3.00£10.00 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Turnip Greens (Cime di Rapa)
- Also known as broccoli rapa or cime di rapa, Turnip Tops are a wilder member of the broccoli family with small, loose florets and bittersweet, peppery leaves.
- We source these from growers in Puglia, where the plants grow in open fields without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers.
- Some distributors start this season early, before the plants have a chance to build strong, balanced inner structure and are liable to ferment in transit.
- We wait until its real season of October to March, when cooler temperatures ensure a tight, closed floret and integrity of the greens post-harvest.
- The result is succulent, meaty stemmed bunches with young leaves.
Take it further
- Chop thicker stalks, use in a soffritto
- Wilt in garlic oil, toss through orecchiette
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (21)
Not the real thing
I am a fan of cime di rapa, so hard to find in the UK, so I got tempted to try these. I am not familiar with the plant itself, but my guess is that these were overgrown as they were full of hard bits, which I obviously removed, and the leaves were huge (not like the photo)! I don't think anybody would buy cime di rapa looking like this in Italy so they thought of selling them on to the UK market! I cooked them anyway despite the appearance, but they were tasteless.
One of the hits
Natoora produce is so hit-and-miss but fortunately this was a hit. Made a fabulous pizza.
As so often is the case with Natoora products, one is tempted to try out an unusual vegetable, but one instead receives some limp yellow leaves only fit for the compost heap.
Lovely and tasty
Excited to find these in a flash sale. Nice big bag and plenty for a dish of pasta for three of us even when I’d discarded some of the chunkier stalks. Good quality, no yellowing or spotty leaves like some other people found. They went out of date the day after delivery which meant a bit of meal re-planning to use them whilst still fresh. Delicious in the classic pasta recipe and something a bit different for us. I wouldn’t buy them at full price though.
I was very excited to make a very close to home recipe with orecchiette, however the vegetables were not fresh yellow leaves or black spotted in place and mushy sprouting. A real let down I recovered very little to cook from two bags. I would like Natoora to be very selective on the quality of its products and delivering fresh produce. Disappointed that buying on line we are unable to choose or discard before we buy and people at Ocado should inspect the products before they deliver. I am hoping that this will improve in the future.
Delicious but too expensive!!
The offer price should be the real price. Delicious but too expensive