£2.99£5.44 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Large Unwaxed Italian Lemons
- Antico di Rocca Imperiale is a variety of winter-ripening lemon originating from Calabria, southern Italy.
- Elongated, oil-rich lemons with an intensely aromatic light green to yellow skin. This colour is not a sign of unripeness, but of their particular seasonality.
- Ideal for juicing, their flavour is characterised by a balanced, bright acidity.
- We source these lemons direct from their native growing region of Calabria, from growers who leave the lemon skin unwaxed.
- Protected from northerly winds by the hills, the lemon trees thrive in the mild coastal climate.
- Unwaxed for maximum flavour, they¿ll store best in the fridge.
Take it further
- Use freshly-squeezed juice to add brightness to sauces, stews and soups.
- Zest into a fish marinade with chilli flake and crushed fennel seeds.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable - agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Suitable for vegetarians
Product life guaranteed for 3 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (15)
I usually buy organic but I love Natoora so I decided to try these - very glad I did! They are huge, and have a gorgeous intense full flavour with a delicious hint of lime. They are juicy, fresh and succulent and have a lovely bright yellow/green colour. The skins are thick, but that makes them juicier. They are much larger than the small Natoora Unwaxed Italian Lemons, but even those are surprisingly juicy and have the same delicious citrus lime flavour. I love Natoora's ethics and values even when non-organic, so these are a weekly regular for me as they are perfect in every way. Another winner from Natoora!
Really great quality ....
... at the moment. These are currently big, flavoursome & outstanding. There have been times in the past when they were pretty dire but right now Im going to order some more!
Beautiful to look at but dry inside
Not worth the price, even when on offer. Used the zest but it isnt what I bought them for.
the real deal
this is how lemons really taste; expensive, but so worth it
Love these lemons
Yes, they’re sometimes green and yes they do have a thick skin, but this shouldn’t put anyone off, as the flavour is so much better than other options.
Outside they were just perfect but once you cut them they are so dry that you can't get any juice from them. I bin them all.