£3.75£37.50 per kg
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Venetian Baby Radicchio Radicchio
- Grumolo is a type of lightly bitter chicory native to Veneto, northern Italy. Grown in open fields, it comes up in stunning, vividly coloured rosettes.
- We source it direct from Antonello, a grower who has been saving his own seeds for over forty years. He selects seeds from plants with a vivid colour palette which intensifies as the season goes on.
- Antonello¿s plants mature slowly in open fields, harvested only once the first frost has fallen. This guarantees a concentrated, less bitter flavour.
- Once harvested, each head is individually pared back and shaped by hand, losing its bitter outer leaves and leaving a delicate, tender heart.
- Grown without the use of chemical sprays or fertilisers, we source this during its natural season of November to March.
Take it further
- Tossed with blood oranges and ricotta.
- Wilted into lemon risotto.
Natoora' radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We don't work with industrial agriculture or large wholesalers
- We work closely with growers who are preserving vital flavours through meaningful small farming
- We back these growers to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (13)
Wilted and brown
Planned to use with Christmas Eve dinner but arrived brown and decaying. Ocado always good with returns but you want the product to be edible!
Not baby grumolo radicchio!
I concur with everything that santavalentina has said in her review.
taste nice and looks great
not baby grumolo radicchio
Very disappointed when This radicchio arrived. Where I come from we eat baby radicchio since we are born. Ive never seen a baby grumolo radicchio like this one. The one I got where simply radicchio hearts that are far cheaper than the grumolo. You can see for sure that looking at the roots which are big and cut to measure. Very bad move from Natoora
Baby Radicchio Grumolo
Nice grunchy and bitter salat
lovely and crunchy. I love the colours