£4.50£1.13 per 100g
FLAVOUR IS A FRONTIER
Natoora Yorkshire Forced Rhubarb
- We¿re sourcing Forced Rhubarb direct from the fourth generation of a rhubarb-growing family.
- Their forcing sheds sit in the Rhubarb Triangle, a nine-square mile area of Yorkshire renowned for its cold, damp climate and nitrogen-rich soil - the ideal growing conditions for rhubarb.
- They are the only rhubarb producer to be using pre-war crowns.
- This exclusivity on crowns gives them the same varietal control as growers who save their own seeds - other examples of forced Rhubarb from within the Triangle won¿t come close to the appearance and flavour of their crop.
- Hand-harvested by candlelight, we start the season with Harbinger variety, known for its elongated, fibreless stalks and deep gradient of colour.
- Due to demand, there may be points in the season when we source from other growers within the Rhubarb Triangle.
Take it further
- Roasted with orange zest.
- Poached with ginger, served with pannacotta.
Natoora's radical approach to seasonal sourcing is shaping the future of food
- We are revolutionising the food system.
- We work direct with growers who value flavour, biodiversity and heritage over yield.
- We give them the support they need to build a better future for food, rooted in small scale, sustainable agriculture that gives back to our planet.
Country of Origin
Product life guaranteed for 2 days excluding delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (14)
Bought this product a two weeks ago and it was just lovely - just opened the pack to make a dessert for Sunday lunch and the rhubarb is just a brown, slimy mess - even though the pack is in the use by date.
Have been buying this every week for the last 4 weeks while in season and it has been wonderful. We just stew with Bramley apples to make a lovely pink compote for deserts and on porridge. Tender and worth making the most of while at its best.
I love Natoora products but they are too variable. Last time I ordered this I received young, tender, pink stems. This time just 2 very thick, woody stalks.
Found this to be excellent. I stewed it straight away and it was lovely.
One stalk was rock hard but the rest were good
Poor shelf life
Second time buying this and one day before it's use-by dating half the sticks have rotted. Won't be buying this rhubarb again.