We've been working with social enterprises, charities, food bank partners and other initiatives committed to redistributing as much food as possible and reducing food poverty in the UK, for several years.
We match your donations then convert the total to groceries, then distribute to our charity partners. So, for every pound you give, our partners receive two pounds worth of groceries.
And that's how small donations can have a huge effect.
Terms & Conditions
1. Choose how much you'd like to donate: £2.50, £5, or £10.
2. Add your donation to your trolley, do your weekly shop and check out as usual.
3. We'll match the value of all donations received per week. For example: if you add a £10 voucher to your shop, we'll add another £10 to that which results in us giving £20 worth of groceries.
4. Total donations will then be converted into groceries and distributed to our charity partners.
5. Partners are all registered charities or social enterprises and grocery donations are made at our discretion.
6. The cost of purchase will not contribute towards the minimum spend of your order.
Ratings and reviews
Customer reviews (54)
INSULT TO OUR INTELLIGENCE
A fantastic scheme but it really is an insult to our intelligence to fool us into thinking that we can make regular donations through ocado but then not make them by having the gifts so regularly "out of stock". This appears to the most appalling hypocrisy on ocado's part and I feel you ought to be writing to all your customers to explain what is going on. I wish I could give you five stars but that is impossible.
Simple way to help but bamboozled by out of stock
I like this way to donate as I do it every week and its going to a really good cause. Realistically would I donate £100+ once a year in one go? Probably not. So this way I can do that without it feeling like a big outlay. I am however completely bamboozled when Ocado says its out of stock. What? Are the food banks not needing stock they week?! Im pretty sure thats not the issue. Obviously, I would far rather we live in a society where food banks arent needed at all. Until we get there this is a convenient way to help those who need it most.
Did Ocado stop this scheme?
How could it be OUT OF STOCK? Has Ocado set the upper limit of the sharing contributions? Was there any communication to clarify it? It's one of the reasons I have been with Ocado and have been doing it since I started the weekly shopping. I am now considering to change another shop.
How on earth can this be out of stock?
its out of stock again!
This is a great idea and I can give this amount each week. However why is it out of stock! Its Christmas Ocado so sort it out do we can do our not to help those less fortunate then ourselves!!!
Needed more than ever,I only hope the need is short lived. This a great way to give and feel it is possible in your weekly budget.