You're in: Customer Services > Terms And Conditions > Discount Offers and Vouchers
Terms & Conditions:
Discount Offers and Vouchers
These terms and conditions apply to discount offers and the use of vouchers, and are in addition to any other terms and conditions specified in the offer or voucher (“Voucher Terms”). These Voucher Terms were last updated on 28th October 2016.
Make savings on your groceries by using Vouchers.
Vouchers may be made available to you by us or by selected affiliate websites. They entitle you to a saving off your shopping ("the Voucher"). Each Voucher will explain the saving and how it works. They are activated by entering codes into the checkout section of the Ocado website towards the end of your shop.
What type of Vouchers are there?
Money off your shop Vouchers
Entitles you to money off your total shop. The Voucher will state the amount that will be deducted from your bill, how much you need to spend in order to get money off (if applicable), Voucher codes, in which order to use them and the Voucher expiry date. Where the Voucher does not state a minimum spend, you must spend a minimum of £75 to be entitled to redeem your Voucher. The order total, which you must reach to qualify for the offer, is inclusive of VAT, but exclusive of any delivery charge and the cost of tobacco products, postage stamps, infant formula, the purchase of Ocado Gift Vouchers, and food donations with Ocado. Statutory minimum alcohol pricing will apply. Vouchers that include free deliveries for 3, 6 or 12 months include a free Smart Pass; you will be emailed within seven days of your first delivery with information on your free pass. See full Smart Pass Terms & Conditions for more details.
Product specific Vouchers
Entitles you to money off particular products, or in some cases, a free product. The Voucher will state which product or products it applies to, the saving you make (if applicable), the Voucher codes, and the Voucher expiry date. Products are subject to availability, while stocks last. If the product for which you have a Voucher is not available and we deliver a substitute the Voucher cannot be used again or against the price of the substitute.
Free delivery Vouchers
Entitles you to a free delivery slot on a given day within a specified time period (eg 10am-12pm on the 23rd/24th/25th). Once you have chosen a delivery slot and checked out, the delivery fee will be reduced to £0 when you input the free delivery Voucher code. If after you have placed your order you decide to reschedule your delivery date/time (having already used your free delivery Voucher), all available slots will be indicated by a red coloured van showing the zero price delivery fee. Where the Voucher does not state a minimum spend, you must spend a minimum of £75 to be entitled to redeem your Voucher.
For Grocery Vouchers offering money off products in certain categories, the discount will only be applied to products in the following categories: Fresh, Food Cupboard, Bakery, Frozen, Soft Drinks, Tea & Coffee, Baby Meals and Finger Foods, and Toiletries.
Discount does not apply to products in the following categories: Household, Pet, Kitchen & Dining, Home & Garden, Beauty & Clothing, Health & Medicines, Newsagent & Entertainment, Toys & Games, Alcohol, Non-Food Baby products, tobacco products, postage stamps, infant formula, the purchase of Ocado Gift Vouchers and food donations with Ocado.
How do I use the Vouchers?
You can activate the E-Vouchers by placing an order and entering the correct code appearing on your Voucher at the checkout stage of your order process.
Follow the Voucher instructions
Remember you must follow the instructions on your Voucher. For E-Vouchers you must use the codes in the correct order. If you get it wrong you will receive an automatic message telling you which error has occurred. If you get an error message please check the Voucher instructions and try again.
What are the applicable time periods to the Vouchers?
Each Voucher should state when it is valid from and when it expires and you must place your order during this time. For example, the Voucher may expire 8 weeks from the date you PLACE your first order, or 8 weeks from the date you RECEIVE your first order, or by a specified date. The Voucher and/or Voucher code will expire automatically on the expiry date stated on the Voucher.
Are there any circumstances where the offer cannot be used?
- The Vouchers only apply to goods purchased on the Ocado.com website, and may not be used at any other internet site, including any website of Waitrose or the John Lewis Partnership. It may not be used at any retail outlet or store whatsoever.
- The Vouchers cannot be combined with each other (unless otherwise indicated) but can be combined with general product promotional offers appearing to all customers on the Ocado website.
- The Vouchers cannot be applied to past orders made with Ocado and cannot be backdated or redeemed for cash.
- Each Voucher type may be used only once per customer. If more than one customer is registered at the same delivery address a Voucher type may only be used by one customer registered at that address. For example, a voucher for money off your first shop may only be used by one customer at each registered address.
- Money off your shop Vouchers cannot be used against the purchase of tobacco products, postage stamps, infant formula, the purchase of Ocado Gift Vouchers, and food donations with Ocado. Statutory minimum alcohol pricing will apply. Voucher only valid if order contains non-alcoholic produce of equal or higher value to voucher worth.
- You may only use a Voucher that has been assigned to your account. You may not use Vouchers that have been assigned to another customer's account, and you must not pass your Voucher code on to other customers for use on other accounts.
- Ocado reserves the right to withdraw or terminate any of its Vouchers at any time, either as a whole or for specific delivery areas. If this happens, then the Vouchers may not be used for any orders placed after the date of withdrawal or termination.
- Ocado reserves the right to reject the use of a Voucher where fraud or breach of these Voucher Terms is suspected. Under these circumstances, Ocado also reserves the right to cancel your order and suspend your account. In the event of order cancelation of suspension of your account, you will receive notification via email, and will be invited to contact our call centre on 0345 656 1234.
- If your account is suspended, it will remain suspended until you contact our call centre on 0345 656 1234 and remedy any breaches of these Voucher Terms which are capable of remedy.
Will all customers receive the same offer?
Ocado may from time to time run different customer offers or Vouchers, with different terms (including amounts, types and expiry dates). Ocado reserves the right to limit the applicability of any particular offer to specific regions or delivery areas. Different offers and Vouchers may be run simultaneously.