Recommended to you
The Italian Cuisine - Pasta & Sauce
CHEESE AND HERB STARTERS
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: None | Difficulty level: Easy
- 400g soft goat’s cheese
- 200g soft cheese triangles
- 1tbsp fresh herbs (such as basil, thyme, marjoram and parsley)
- 100g chopped hazelnuts
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Blend the cheese triangles and goat’s cheese together in a bowl, add the chopped herbs and 30g of the chopped hazelnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Spread the cheese mixture onto a sheet of baking parchment and roll it up to form a log.
- 3. Leave in the fridge until firm, then remove the baking parchment and roll the cheese log in the remaining chopped hazelnuts.
- 4. Cut the cheese log into 3cm thick slices and arrange on a serving dish.
- 5. Decorate with tender celery tops or whole hazelnuts and basil leaves, if you wish, and serve.
GRILLED PROVOLONE CHEESE
on Veggie Burger
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 25 mins | Cooking time: 50 mins | Difficulty level: Easy
- 1 Auricchietto provolone cheese
- 1 savoy cabbage
- 30g pine nuts
- 50g sultanas
- 1tbsp white vinegar
- 1tbsp honey
- 1/2 white onion (optional)
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper and salt
- 1. Remove the outer leaves and the tough base of the cabbage. Cut in half and chop into small pieces, then wash and strain.
- 2. Mince the onion and sauté in a saucepan with the olive oil. Add the cabbage, then the pine nuts, sultanas, salt, pepper and honey and cook for five minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Sprinkle with vinegar over a high heat. As soon as it loses its smell, lower the heat, half-cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring frequently. Season the cooked cabbage to taste.
- 4. Slice the Auricchio approximately 1.5cm thick and remove the rind. Pan fry the slices in a very hot non-stick pan for one minute on each side, and serve the braised cabbage between two slices of crispy Provolone.
14 products (14)
Cheese & Dairy
14 products (14)