Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes 2kg
4 days guaranteed (avg. 4)*
Our Rooster potatoes have a real classic potato taste. Try them baked, roasted or mashed for a delicious result every time. Remember, there's no need to peel either; it means you will get a crunchier bake and rougher mash.
A family business established in 1948, we continue to provide wholesome, great tasting produce for your family at home. We have used our expertise to grow your potatoes to the highest standards possible, and are proud to work with our dedicated group of growers that stretches from Inverness to Cornwall. If you check the name on the front of this bag you will be able to find your farmer on our website. We don't compromise in any aspect of taste and quality. This means you can provide your family with fresh, tasty product that is trusted by some of the UK's top rated chefs.
As the son of renowned chef Albert Roux, Michel Roux Jr was brought up loving good food. He's now one of Britain's most famous chefs, and it is an honour to have him as an ambassador. Owner of the world famous Le Gavroche Restaurant, Michel also hosts television cooking programmes and has written five popular cookbooks. In 2010 he opened two new London restaurants: 'Roux at Parliament Square' with Restaurant Associate, and 'Roux at The Landau' at the prestigious hotel, The Langham.
Discover The Range
We have other unique varieties within the Albert Bartlett family such as the smooth Supreme Salad, the nutty Apache or the unusual Purple Majesty.
For potato inspiration visit...
or get social
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Potatoes bruise easily so handle with care. Store in a fridge or remove from plastic bag and keep in a cool, dark place.
Hob - From Ambient. 1. Peel and cut into even pieces.
2. Place in a pan of cold water.
3. Bring to the boil and then gently simmer until tender (20-25 minutes).
Tip: Try steaming instead of boiling - it keeps in more flavour and nutrients.; Other - From Ambient. 1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC / Fan 200ºC / Gas mark 7.
2. Put some oil in a roasting tin and put in the oven until very hot.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes into large pieces.
4. Parboil for 10 minutes, then drain well and toss them back into the pan to roughen the edges.
5. Carefully place the potatoes in the hot oil covering them evenly.
6. Put the tin back in the oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
Preparation and Usage
Wash potatoes before use.
Return To Address
251 Stirling Road,
Telephone +44(0) 1236 762831
Perfect Roast Potatoes by our ambassador Michel Roux Jr
1. Preheat the oven 220ºC/425ºF/Gas Mark 7. Put 100g of goose fat into a roasting tin and heat in the oven until it's really hot.
2. Peel 1/2 bag of Rooster Potatoes and cut each into evenly sized pieces
3. Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold water with a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Parboil for 5 minutes, then drain well and toss them back into the pan to roughen the edges.
4. Carefully place the potatoes in the hot oil covering them evenly with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
5 Roast in the oven for about 45 - 50 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Turn over half way through the cooking.
6. Remove from the tray, drain on kitchen paper and serve.
Don't cover if keeping warm before serving.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
251 Stirling Road,
Bag - Plastic
Packing - Recyclable
Full Product Name:
Potatoes bruise easily, so handle with care. Store in the fridge or remove from plastic bag and keep in a cool, dark place.
To avoid danger of suffocation keep this wrapper away from babies and children.
Packed in the UK
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Peeled Potatoes Boiled in Unsalted Water Per 100g||Peeled Potatoes Boiled in Unsalted Water Per 175g||%RI provided per 175g||RI|
|- of which saturates (g)||0g||0g||0||20|
|- of which sugars (g)||0.8g||1.4g||2||90|
|of which starch (g)||16.7g||29.2g|
|Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcals)|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 21-May-2015 at 00:26. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.