Aptamil 1 Comfort Milk Powder 900g
When babies' digestive systems are developing they can experience colic which is defined as excessive crying. This may be caused by the reduced ability to digest lactose or protein, or a lower of healthy gut bacteria.
When babies experience delayed or infrequent passage of stools, this may be a sign of constipation.
Aptamil Comfort contains partially broken-down whey protein, which is easier to digest, and contains less than 40% of the lactose in standard infant milk. Aptamil Comfort also contains our patented blend of GOS/FOS oligosaccharides as well as forming a thicker consistency to help prevent your baby taking in too much air during feeding.
Aptamil Comfort is a nutritionally complete formula with ingredients designed to work together to support your baby. You can use it to feed your baby as a sole source of nutrition form birth and as part of a weaning diet from 6 months to 1 year.
If you are concerned that your baby colic or constipation you should speak to your healthcare professional.
Inspired by the Science of Early Life, our passionate team of over 250 paediatricians, nutritionists, and scientists have developed Aptamil Comfort, which is specially tailored to help manage your baby's feeding problem and support their nutritional needs at every stage of their development.
- Brands: Aptamil
Cannot be Microwaved
Preparation and Usage
Feeding guide 0-12 months
Approx. age: Birth; Approx. weight: 3.5kg, 7.5lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 3; Quantity of water per feed 90ml, 3fl oz
Approx. age: 2 weeks; Approx. weight: 4.0kg, 8.8lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 6; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 4; Quantity of water per feed 120ml, 4fl oz
Approx. age: 2 mths; Approx. weight: 5.0kg, 11.0lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 6; Quantity of water per feed 180ml, 6fl oz
Approx. age: 4 mths; Approx. weight: 6.5kg, 14.5lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 5; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed 210ml, 7fl oz
Approx. age: 6 mths; Approx. weight: 7.5kg, 16.5lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 4; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 8; Quantity of water per feed 240ml, 8fl oz
Approx. age: 7-12 mths; Approx. weight: - kg, - lb; No. of feeds per 24 hours: 3; No of level scoops per feed (1 scoop=4.6g): 7; Quantity of water per feed 210ml, 7fl oz
Assumes weaning at 6 months. Your baby may need more or less than the feeding guide above. This information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice.
How to use this pack
To open, remove tamper evidence strip on the rim of the pack.
There is a handy leveller built into the pack. Store your scoop in the lid so that it is kept safe and secure.
Click the lid securely shut to keep your powder fresh.
Preparing your baby's feed
Because powdered milks are not sterile, failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
1. Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. Boil 1 litre of freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
3. Using the scoop provided level off the powder with the built in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
4. Add one scoop to every 30ml (1 fl oz) of water. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed. Cap the bottle and shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Remove cap and replace with a sterilised teat.
5. Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Important Feeding Instructions
For hygiene reasons, do not store made up feeds. Make up each feed as required and always discard unfinished feeds after 2 hours. If necessary, offer cooled boiled water between feeds. Do not heat in a microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding. Always use the scoop provided, please note the colour of the scoop may change from time to time. Never add extra scoops or anything else to your baby's feed. Never leave your baby alone whilst feeding.
Food for special medical purposes
Ask for advice from your healthcare professional before use
Aptamil Comfort has a thicker texture than most other milks.
We recommend using a variable flow teat or a single hole teat with a medium of fast flow.
Return To Address
This product should reach you in perfect condition. If it is not satisfactory please contact us. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
White Horse Business Park,
Call on our expertise
UK 0800 996 1000 (24/7 service)
Deansgrange Business Park,
Call on our expertise
ROI 1 800 22 12 34 (8:30-17:30 Mon-Fri)
Country of Origin
Produce of the EU
White Horse Business Park,
Deansgrange Business Park,
Full Product Name:
Thickened formula for the dietary management of colic and constipation from birth.
Store in a cool dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Use powder within 4 weeks of opening.
Aptamil Comfort is a food for special medical purposes. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth and as part of a balanced diet from 6-12 months. For enteral use only.
Do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night.
Manufactured in the E.U.
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Contents may settle in transit.
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Hydrolysed Whey Protein Concentrate (from Milk), Vegetable Oils (Structured Vegetable Oil, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Single Cell Oil, Sunflower Oil), Glucose Syrup, Starch (Potato, Maize), Galacto-Oligosaccharides (GOS) (from Milk), Lactose (from Milk), Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Potassium Di Hydrogen Phosphate, Calcium Chloride, Fish Oil, Sodium Chloride, Vitamin C, L-Tyrosine, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Inositol, Iron Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Uridine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Inosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, L-Carnitine, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Pantothenic Acid, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Biotin, Folic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K1, Sodium Selenite
|Typical Values||per 100ml prepared feed|
|of which, saturates||1.5g|
|of which, unsaturates||1.9g|
|of which, LCPs¿||0.020g|
|- Arachidonic acid (AA)||0.011g|
|- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||0.006g|
|of which, sugars||3.3g|
|of which, lactose||2.7g|
|Vitamin E||0.74mg ¿-TE|
|Niacin (B3)||0.85mg NE|
|¿ LCPs = Long Chain Polyunsaturated fatty acids|
|* Galacto- & Fructo- Oligosaccharides|
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 23-Feb-2017 at 01:53. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.