Offer - Benecol Cholesterol Lowering Spread Olive 500g
over 2 weeks *
*Plant Stanols - the plant stanols (1.5-3g) in Benecol® spreads lower cholesterol by 7-10% in 2 to 3 weeks as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
High cholesterol is a risk factor in the development of coronary heart disease.
Reduced Sat Fat - reducing consumption of saturated fat contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
Omega 3 - ALA (Omega 3) contributes to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels.
The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of ALA.
Benecol® foods are not intended for people who do not need to control their blood cholesterol. A daily intake of 1.5-3g plant stanols is proven to lower cholesterol by 7 to 10% in 2 to 3 weeks. That's why 2-3 servings a day gives the optimal effect when consumed with a main meal and as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle, including your '5 a day'.
Benecol® foods all contain plant stanols, proven to lower cholesterol. With delicious yogurts, spreads and yogurt drinks to choose from, it's easy to enjoy Benecol every day.
New Benecol Yogurts
Try one yogurt a day as well as one or two servings of spread to enjoy the optimum cholesterol lowering benefit.
Spreading. Freezing. Baking. Frying.
This pack contains 41 x 12g servings.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Johnson & Johnson Ltd.,
Full Product Name:
55% Reduced fat spread (11% olive oil) with added plant stanols
Best Before: See Top of Pack
More than 3g of plant stanol per day is not recommended. Check with your doctor if you are taking cholesterol lowering medication. Benecol foods may not be nutritionally appropriate for pregnant or breast feeding women and children under five years old. Raised cholesterol is a major risk factor in the development of heart disease. Heart disease has multiple risk factors and you may need to change more than one to lower overall risk.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Water, Rapeseed Oil, Plant Stanol Ester (Plant Stanol 7%), Refined Olive Oil (11%), Palm Oil, Buttermilk Powder (from Milk), Salt, Emulsifiers (Sunflower Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Flavouring, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Colour (Carotenes), Vitamin A Vitamin D
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per 12g Serving|
|of which saturates||10.8g||1.3g|
|of which sugars||0.6g||0.1g|
|Vitamin A||850µg (106%RI)||102µg (13%RI)|
|Vitamin D||7.2µg (144%RI)||0.9µg (19%RI)|
|RI - Reference Intake|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 25-May-2015 at 01:21. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.