Offer - Beronia Tempranillo Rioja Especial 2011 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
I.W.S.C Silver Medal 2011, Best in Class - Vintage 2009
£8.99 per 75cl
- Brands: Beronia
- Grape Varieties: Tempranillo
- Countries: Rioja
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Red, IWSC
A smooth and complex wine with flavours of fruit and liquorice with smoky and mocha notes. The perfect partner for smoked meats and pate¿s.
Structure from the Tempranillo grape to create a delicious complex and unique Rioja
Gonzalez Byass UK
In 1973, a group of friends who were all lovers of good food and wine decided to channel their efforts into creating wines for their gastronomic gatherings. The name Beronia derives from the legacy of the Berones, a Celtic people who inhabited La Rioja in the 3rd century BC. This warrior tribe, who also grew crops, raised cattle, made pottery and worked metal, called their land Beronia. This is why we refer to our estate as `The Land before Rioja'.
Lying in the Rioja Alta sub-region of La Rioja, our vineyards are sheltered by the Sierra de Cantabria to the north and the Sierra de Demanda to the south. The climate in the area is influenced mainly by the Atlantic Ocean but also by the Mediterranean Sea, with good levels of rainfall and temperature variations between day and night that allow the grapes to mature slowly. The soils are varied - calcareous clay, ferruginous clay and alluvial plots make the region an ideal enclave for vineyards.
We use cold maceration to extract colour, tannins and aromas, then the juice is pressed and both alcoholic and malolactic fermentation take place in highly toasted American oak barrels, in which the wine is then aged for nine months.
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Bodegas Beronia S.A.,
Glass bottle recyclable
Full Product Name:
Tempranillo - Red Spanish Wine
Product of Spain
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.