Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Cake Mix 500g
over 3 weeks *
Just add 3 eggs, oil & icing
With Betty you can bake perfect cakes every time.
For further recipe ideas and advice visit www.bettycrocker.co.uk
- Brands: Betty Crocker
Store in a cool dry place
You will need:
70ml vegetable oil 250ml water 3 medium eggs.
Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens or refer to manufacturer's instructions)/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease tin and line base with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
Beat cake mix, oil, water and eggs in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds increase speed to medium for further 2 minutes (or beat for 3 minutes with large spoon or wire whisk)
Pour into tins, Bake as instructed or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in tins then turn out. When completely cooled, fill and ice with Betty Crocker® chocolate flavour creamy style premium ready-to-spread icing.
Tin size: Two 20.5 cm (8") sandwich tins. Bake time: 23-28 mins.
Tin size: Two 23 cm (9") sandwich tins. Bake time: 22-27 mins.
Tin size: 33x23x5 cm (13"x9"x2") rectangular tin. Bake time: 27-33 mins.
Tin size: 24-28 cupcakes (2/3 full). Bake time: 15-20 mins.
Tin size: 32-35 fairy cakes. Bake time: 8-12 mins.
Hints & tips. Try sandwiching cakes with raspberry jam and top with icing or dust with icing sugar.
Preparation and Usage
Get ready to whip up something rich, dark and gorgeous. Grab your apron and mixing bowl and fire up your oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 4 -it's baking time!
Don't forget the icing
Preparation 10 mins
Baking time 23-28 mins
All you need is:
90ml vegetable oil (6 tbsp)
3 medium free range eggs
1 tub of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing
2 x 8" well-greased cake tins
Only 3 steps to cake heaven...
1 Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
2 Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
3 Bake in the centre of the oven for between 23-28 minutes or until a rounded knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack. Sandwich your cakes together and cover with lashings of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing. Then enjoy a slice of cake heaven.... sensational!
Bake it yours
Add grated orange zest to the mix for extra zing, or sprinkle a handful of white chocolate chips on top for a heavenly chocolate finish. Mmmm
Country of Origin
General Mills International Sàrl,
Bag - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled; Box - Card - Widely Recycled
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
May Contain Eggs, May Contain Milk, May Contain Soya\Soybeans
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Sugar, Wheat Flour, Palm Fat, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder (7%), Dextrose, Raising Agents: Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Phosphates, Modified Corn Starch, Emulsifiers: Propane-1, 2-Dial Esters of Fatty Acids, Mono-Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Salt, Stabiliser: Xanthan Gum, Flavouring, Contains Wheat ingredients and may contain Milk, Egg and Soy ingredients
Suitable for Vegetarians
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 27-Apr-2015 at 01:42. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.