Bird's Custard Powder 300g
over 1 month *
"Original home made taste".
Bird's is the original custard brand, established in 1837 and loved by generations ever since. Bird's Custard is made and served in millions of homes where proper custard is at the heart of a good pud!
For more ideas, go to www.greatlittleideas.com
- Brands: Bird's
Store in a cool dry place.
Cooking Instructions - General. How to make delicious Birds Custard: To make 1 pint (568ml).
*NB. All cooking appliances vary. These are guidelines only. Cooking time will differ for a lower or higher wattage microwave oven.; Hob - From Ambient. 1. Put 2 tablespoons (35g) of custard powder and 1-2 tablespoons (15g-35g) of sugar in a basin.
2. Mix into a smooth paste with a little (approx. 2 tablespoons) milk taken from 1 pint (568ml).
3. Heat the remaining milk to nearly boiling and pour onto the custard mix, stirring well.
4. Return to the saucepan and bring to the boil over a gentle heat, stirring continuously.; Microwave - From Ambient. In the microwave (750W):
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
2. Add the remaining milk and cook on full power for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking period.
3. Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
Preparation and Usage
Bird's custard powder can be made up with skimmed, semi-skimmed or full cream milk.
The thickness of the custard can be varied by using a little more or less milk as you prefer.
Sugar can be adjusted to suit your taste.
For perfect Bird's custard; Ensure you have a smooth paste; Add the hot milk to the custard paste; Stir continuously.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
The Premier Foods Group,
PO Box 66093,
Pack - Not Recyclable
Allergy Other Text:
Produced in a factory which handles milk, gluten and soya
Store in a cool, dry place. Once made up, store in a refrigerator and treat as fresh food.
Each 142g serving contains Calories 135 7%, Sugars 15.6g 17%, Fat 2.5g 4%, Saturates 1.6g 8%, Salt 0.2g 3% of an adult's guideline daily amount as prepared
Tub - Mixed Material - not currently recycled
Cornflour, Salt, Colour (Annatto), Flavouring.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Per 100g as sold||Per 142g portion as prepared|
|-of which sugars||Trace||15.6g|
|-of which saturates||Trace||1.6g|
These easy trifles are perfect for sharing with friends.
Lisa's tip: for a smooth cupcake batter, allow all your ingredients to come to room temperature before you combine them, so they mix evenly.
Since its launch in 1920, Stork has established itself as one of the most trusted name in home baking. When Stork soft tub margarine was introduced in the 1970s, it pioneered the all-in-one method of making sponge cakes. Stork has been a kitchen staple for over 90 years - from beginner bakers to celebrity chefs. The Stork range contains a great fat content for baking, whether its cupcakes, pastries, or something a bit more special. Use Stork block in a foil wrapper for perfect pastry, biscuits and crumbles, and Stork tub for light fluffy cakes.
Super quick to prepare, these little meringue-topped cakes were made for sharing
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 26-May-2015 at 00:50. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.