Birds Eye Garden Peas Frozen 400g
37.5p per 100g
Our Garden Peas are picked and frozen within 2 1/2 hours to deliver you the perfect taste. A few handfuls of Birds Eye Garden Peas will lift any dish from a hearty Shepherd's Pie to a classic Spaghetti Bolognese. Simply stir in and continue to cook until tender and piping hot throughout.
One 80g serving of Birds Eyes Peas provides one of your recommended 5 daily portions of fruit and vegetables.
Birds Eye Peas are a source of Vitamin C, Thiamin and Folate
Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system
Thiamin contributes to the normal function of the heart
Folate contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
Our commitment to a sustainable future means responsibly sourcing and preparing your food, creating new products that contribute to a balanced diet, and helping everyone to reduce food waste.
For more, visit birdseye.co.uk
Cooking Instructions - General. Please ensure food is cooked until piping hot.
These instructions are guidelines only.
Do Not refreeze after defrosting.; Hob - From Frozen. Alternatively, boil 3 mins
Place in pan.
Add sufficient boiling water to cover.
Bring back to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 3 mins.
Season to taste.; Microwave - From Frozen. To retain more vitamins, Microwave Straight from the Freezer.
For 160g (2 servings).
1. Place the Garden Peas in a microwavable bowl.
2. Add 15ml (1tbsp) water and cover.
3. Microwave on Full Power for:
650W/B 4mins, 750W/D 3 1/2 mins, 850W/E 3 mins
4. Drain and serve. Season to taste.
Preparation and Usage
Pea soup is delicious. Why not try using our peas for that perfect taste you won't find anywhere else?
Return To Address
Call us free on 0800 33 22 77
Mon - Fri 8am to 6pm
ROI: Callsave 1850 298 399
Birds Eye Limited,
If writing, please enclose the Best Before End panel.
Birds Eye Limited,
Packing - Recycle with carrier bags at larger stores - Not at Kerbside
Full Product Name:
Field Fresh Garden Peas
Store in a freezer at -18°C or cooler.
See back of pack for best before end date
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical Values||As Sold 100g Provides:||Per Serving (80g) Microwaved Provides:|
|Energy - kJ||285kJ||230kJ|
|- of which Saturates||0.1g||0.1g|
|- of which Sugars||4.9g||3.9g|
|Vitamin C||16mg 20% RI*||13mg 16% RI*|
|Thiamin (B1) (Thiamin)||0.22mg 20% RI*||0.18mg 16% RI*|
|Folic Acid||62µg 31% RI*||50µg 25% RI*|
|*Average value when microwaved according to pack instructions|
|RI - Reference Intake|
Recipe created by Jerry Howse from Cheltenham for the Vegetarian Society's 'Surprisingly simple' member recipe competition, part of National Vegetarian Week 2013. (www.nationalvegetarianweek.org)
Packed lunches needn't always be dull sandwiches. This tasty pasta salad can be easily transported in an airtight tub and eaten with a small spoon or fork. Toddlers will love this dish too as it can also be eaten easily with fingers.
This Spanish-inspired side dish offers a yummy new way to serve peas. A hit of piquant paprika contrasts well with their sweetness and gives great depth of flavour.
Deliciously tender spring ingredients combine to make this succulent roast a seasonal celebration. If you’d rather not bone the joint, cook the stuffing separately for the last 30 minutes.
Make this take-away classic in your kitchen, healthier than your local chippy and just as tasty
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.