Brancott Estate Letter Series 'B' Brancott Sauvignon Blanc 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£13.80 per 75cl
Fruit from our Brancott Vineyard forms the back bone for this wine, some of which includes Marlborough's original Sauvignon Blanc plantings.
The range of winemaking techniques has resulted in a complex wine displaying intense passionfruit, white peach and guava characters on the nose, with a touch of smoky oak. The palate is richly textured with grapefruit and stone fruit characters, in addition to a wonderful minerality all bound together by a crisp acidity and a lingering finish.
Created by the Pioneers of the original Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Decanter Awards 2013- GOLD
International Wine & Spirits Competition 2014- SILVER
International Wine Challenge 2013 - SILVER
The Brancott Estate Letter Series is our premier varietal range, consisting of exquisite wines named in honour of our most iconic vineyards. Each wine is made in a distinctive style to reflect not only the flavours of the growing region, but also the fine art of winemaking. All Letter Series wines are given bottle ageing appropriate to the varietal prior to release, thereby ensuring optimal drinking.
The goal is consistent; a perfect harmony of aroma, flavour, structure and body.
100% Sauvignon Blanc - White Wine of New Zealand
From the creators of the original Sauvignonc from one of the world's most famous wine regions, Marlborough, New Zealand.
In 1975 we took the pioneering step of planting Sauvignon Blanc grapes in Marlborough, formerly a sheep region and one considered too cold for grapes.
We singlehandedly transformed the world of Sauvignon Blanc 40 years ago like no other before or after and continue to produce quality wines that are a true expression of the region.
- Brands: Brancott Estate
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Countries: Marlborough
- Price Ranges: £12 to £20
- Wine Cellar: White, Fine Wine
Preparation and Usage
This wine is perfect with, Marlborough clams and green-lipped mussels or cold smoked salmon.
Green olives and herbaceous aromas with underlying fennel notes dominate the nose. The fresh capsicum notes are complemented by an oily texture and tantalising minerality, held together by a crisp acidity that leads to a lingering finish.
Pernod Ricard UK Ltd
The Brancott Estate Letter Series is our premier varietal range, consisting of exquisite wines named in honour of our most iconic vineyards. Each wine is made in a distinctive style to reflect not only the flavours of the growing region, but also the fine art of winemaking.
Another excellent growing season with dry conditions for most of the harvest. A warm November and December set up good flowering and fruit set. Cooler weather over late February through till the end of harvest slowed the season up, but this is seen as very positive in terms of retaining natural acidity in the wines and in building intensity of flavour. Although rain was experienced in late April, this had little effect on the vintage as most of the fruit had already been harvested.
Both hand-picking (15%) and machine harvesting (85%) were used. The hand-picked components were gently pressed to provide mineral tightness and longevity to the wine. The machine harvested components were crushed to bag presses leading to greater aromatic fruit expression. The free-run juice was then fermented slowly at cool temperatures to retain the very distinctive regional and varietal characters.
Country of Origin
Brancott Estate Ltd,
38 Liverpool Street,
Pack - Glass
Full Product Name:
Sauvignon Blanc - White New Zealand Wine
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.