Brancott Estate Marlborough Chardonnay 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£9.99 per 75cl
Tasting notes: a complex array of aromatics with primary fruit characters of stone fruit, citrus and pineapples supported by toasty and spicy oak notes.
Brancott Estate are the pioneers of the Marlborough region, New Zealand. Forty years ago when nobody else thought it was possible they planted the first Sauvignon Blanc vines, redefining the Marlborough region.
- Brands: Brancott Estate
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay
- Countries: Marlborough
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: White
Enjoy this delicious New Zealand Chardonnay on its own or with chicken, fish or salads.
The wine is straw in colour. The nose is elegant, slightly toasty with aromas of white stonefruit and underlying ripe citrus notes. The palate is intense and focussed with great length and crisp acidity.
Pernod Ricard UK Ltd
Wines in the Brancott Estate range are considered the benchmark of New Zealand varietal winemaking and have an international reputation for quality and consistency. These wines are crafted in styles that epitomise the unique character and flavour of the regions.
Marlborough's weather in 2012 was dominated by a La Nina weather event in late 2011 being cooler than normal and causing a delayed then prolonged flowering period. As is often the case though Marlborough's weather provided an ideal harvest period and April 2012 was one of the sunniest in over eighty years with average temperatures. Rainfall was well below the April average assisting greatly with the harvest timing.
Harvest took place at the peak of flavour intensity. The grapes were gently bag pressed. Free run and first factions were used to make this wine. The fermentation was carried out in stainless steel tanks using oak alternatives. The wine was lees stirred to increase palate texture. This wine has been slightly oaked to increase palate texture and complexity of the wine while preserving fruit purity and intensity.
Return To Address
Pernod Ricard UK,
Building 12 Chiswick Park,
566 Chiswick High Road,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Brancott Estate Ltd,
38 Liverpool Street,
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.