British Summer Fruits Frozen Waitrose 300g
Price per 100g: 93p
By choosing Love life products you are improving the nutritional balance of your daily diet. A varied balanced diet together with frequent activity supports a healthy lifestyle.
waitrose.com/lovelife for more information
LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming) Marque brings you food grown by farmers committed to improving agriculture and the environment, for the mutual benefit of consumers, wildlife and the countryside www.leafmarque.com
Preparation and Usage
Room Temperature 2 1/2 hours
To defrost: spread on a tray for 2 1/2 hours.
Recipe / Serving Suggestion
For Summer Pudding
300g pack frozen British summer fruits, defrosted
4 slices medium white bread, crusts removed and halved
2 tbsp caster sugar
2-3 basil leaves, chopped
1. Line a 750ml bowl with clingfilm.
2. Place 100g British summer fruits and also 3 tbsp water in a food processor and blend until pureed.
3. Sieve and discard the pips.
4. Dip the bread in the juice and line the bowl reserving 2 halves or bread for the top.
5. Mix the remaining fruit into any left over juice with sugar and basil and spoon into the bowl.
6. Top with the reserved bread. Cover the top with clingfilm and place a small saucer with a weight on top.
7. Chill for 3 hours.
8. Serve with cream for ice cream.
Country of Origin
Film - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled; Sleeve - Card - Widely Recycled
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Blackberries (40%), Raspberries (25%), Blackcurrants (25%), Redcurrants (10%).
|Typical Values||As Sold Per 100g|
|of which saturates||Trace|
|of which sugars||5.6g|
Early summer sees us Brits emerge blinking into the sunlight, clutching the barbecue tongs. This recipe is great for enjoying outdoors when the sun shines, yet easy enough to cook indoors if the weather turns.
Layers of Swiss roll soaked in Kirsch, with berries, apricots and vanilla custard and a whipped cream and crunchy flaked almond topping. Sweet Freedom syrup (made 100% from fruit) replaces all of the sugar in this scrumptious recipe so it's not actually as naughty as it sounds!
1 hr 20 mins
This is a great standby pud. Just keep a couple of packs of frozen mixed berries in the freezer and use a pot of yogurt from the fridge. Add Light at Heart - White to taste and a little cornflour to thicken the sauce and - hey presto - a yummy, scrummy (and healthy) dessert!
Variation For richer puddings, use brioche instead of bread.
Variation Use a chocolate sponge base instead of the plain one.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.