Offer - Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Tasting: Deep cherry colour which is typical of vibrant Tempranillo wine. The wine has a pronounced nose full of rich intense aromas of ripe red fruits with subtle, sweet notes of vanilla and sweet spices. The palate is fresh, soft and velvety with flavours of redcurrants, vanilla and chocolate leading to a long elegant finish.
Carefully matured for more than one year in our cellar.
- Brands: Campo
- Grape Varieties: Tempranillo
- Countries: Rioja
- Options: Top Offers, On Offer
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: Red
Perfect with warm crispy duck and spinach salad, or try with traditional pork sausages and serrano ham.
Preparation and Usage
Food pairing: Perfect with warm crispy duck and spinach salad or to try with traditional pork sausages and Seranno ham.
Deep cherry colour which is typical of vibrant Tempranillo wine. The wine has a pronounced nose full of rich intense aromas of ripe red fruits with subtle, sweet notes of vanilla and sweet spices. The palate is fresh, soft and velvety with flavours of redcurrants, vanilla and chocolate leading to a long elegant finish
Perfect with warm crispy duck and spinach salad or to try with traditional pork sausages and Seranno ham
Pernod Ricard UK Ltd
Campo Viejo was created 55 years ago by two local winemakers, Beristain and Ortigüela, with a dream - to create a top quality wine that is perfect for enjoying with friends. Campo Viejo has a long and proud history that takes it back to the Roman Empire. However, it has been over the past half century when the name has become synonymous with Rioja wines. From their first vintage - brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959, to the creation of the famous `Rioja Bottle' in '61 and the unveiling of their state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, they have been at the forefront of Rioja winemaking.
Campo Viejo has some 300 hectares of own vineyards. The winery also sources additional grapes from local winegrowers. Most of their vineyard consist of old vines, over 25 years old, and mainly of the Tempranillo variety. The vines are arranged in plots, cultivated in line with previously-determined criteria so that each grape is designed for a particular type of wine.
Grapes harvested from the three subregions of Rioja and fermented and aged separately till the nal blend. Fermentation in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature of around 25ºC. Maceration with skins for approximately 12 days. The wine spends 4 months in American oak casks before rounding off its ageing in the bottle.
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Bodegas Campo Viejo,
Full Product Name:
Tempranillo - Red Spanish Wine
Product of Spain
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
This delicious and decadant recipe makes for a great supper. With the sausages and Maille Mustard Mash it's a perfect pairing!
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 26-Oct-2016 at 05:52. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.