Offer - Campo Viejo Tempranillo Rioja 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
A cherry red colour, suggestive of a vibrant Tempranillo wine. On the nose, it's rich aromas have a pronounced intensity with an initial scent of ripe red fruit followed by gentle sweet notes of vanilla and spices. On the palate it is perfumed, soft and fresh with a long finish that leaves memories of red fruit, vanilla and cocoa.
Enjoy its fruity flavours over a Mediterranean style lunch with friends, great with fresh salads and small bites.
- Brands: Campo
- Grape Varieties: Tempranillo
- Countries: Rioja
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Red
Perfect with warm crispy duck and spinach salad, or try with traditional pork sausages and serrano ham.
The wine is a summary of flavours and nuances of the three subzones of Rioja. Deep cherry color that suggests a young and vibrant wine. The nose is rich in aromas and pronounced in intensity with initial scents of ripe red fruit, followed by gentle sweet notes of vanilla and spices. On the palate it is perfumed, soft and very fresh with a nice middle weight and a good length leaving tastes of red fruit, vanilla and cocoa.
Perfect with pasta, poultry and fresh light cheeses, grilled chicken, small bites (light cheese, grilled vegetables). Great with: Fresh salads and small bites.
Pernod Ricard UK Ltd
Campo Viejo was created 55 years ago by two local winemakers, Beristain and Ortigüela, with a dream - to create a top quality wine that is perfect for enjoying with friends. Campo Viejo has a long and proud history that takes it back to the Roman Empire. However, it has been over the past half century when the name has become synonymous with Rioja wines. From their first vintage - brewed in the former Ortigüela winery in 1959, to the creation of the famous `Rioja Bottle' in '61 and the unveiling of their state-of-the-art sustainable winery in 2001, they have been at the forefront of Rioja winemaking.
Campo Viejo has some 300 hectares of own vineyards. The winery also sources additional grapes from local winegrowers. Most of their vineyard consist of old vines, over 25 years old, and mainly of the Tempranillo variety. The vines are arranged in plots, cultivated in line with previously-determined criteria so that each grape is designed for a particular type of wine.
Grapes harvested from the three subregions of Rioja and fermented and aged separately till the nal blend. Fermentation in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature of around 25ºC. Maceration with skins for approximately 12 days. The wine spends 4 months in American oak casks before rounding off its ageing in the bottle.
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Bodegas Campo Viejo,
Camino de la puebla, 50,
Logroño - La Rioja,
Full Product Name:
Tempranillo - Red Spanish Wine
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
This delicious and decadant recipe makes for a great supper. With the sausages and Maille Mustard Mash it's a perfect pairing!
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 24-Apr-2015 at 01:54. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.