Canaletto Pinot Grigio 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£7.99 per 75cl
Canaletto Pinot Grigio comes from Veneto region, in the north east of Italy, home to Venice and Lake of Garda. This elegant wine is ideal on its own, or with creamy pasta sauces, fish dishes and white meats.
- Brands: Canaletto
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Grigio
- Countries: Veneto
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: White, IWSC
Store it in a cool, dark place (ideal temperature 5°-15°)
Best used at 10°-12°C
Preparation and Usage
Best used at 10°-12°C
This Pinot Grigio has a lovely floral aroma, with masses of fresh fruit flavours on the palate and a rush of citrus acidity, making it perfectly balanced and totally refreshing
This elegant wine is ideal on its own, or with creamy pasta sauces, fish dishes and white meats.
Casa Girelli S.P.A.
United Wineries International
Casa Girelli is a historic Italian company that has made the art of winemaking its vocation. It has evolved over the past few decades to become one of the most important companies within "Gruppo La-vis". Casa Girelli markets its products in over 50 countries and possesses a wide portfolio of wines, including many quality products from different regions of Italy. The company maintains control over each productive chain. Casa Girelli's production office is located in Trento. Products originate from vineyards located from Tuscany to Piedmont, from Veneto to Trentino, from Abruzzo to Puglia and Sicily.
Pinot Grigio is the quintessential Italian white wine and has been a part of the Veneto landscape in north east Italy for centuries. The Veneto is a diverse region, nestling in the foothills of the Alps, with vines stretching from Venice to Verona and surrounding the shores of the beautiful Lake Garda. The Pinot Grigio grapes for Canaleto are selected from vineyards on hillside slopes in the northern part of the Veneto. The combined influence of the mountains and Lake Garda give a perfect micro-climate for grape growing, with cool nights and days, which are not too hot. Winters are mild with a low risk of frost in spring and autumn, and cooling breezes from the lake temper the summer heat.
The grapes are de-stemmed and very gently soft pressed in a pneumatic press. Prior to fermentation the juice is chilled to allow a natural separation of sediment and juice, after which selected yeasts are added to initiate fermentation. Fermentation is followed by racking and approximately 40 days on the lees. The wine is allowed to rest for a while before bottling. Fermentation takes place off the skins in temperature controlled conditions not exceeding 18°C in stainless steel for approximately 15 days.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Casa Girelli S.P.A. Trento - Italia
Pack - Glass
Full Product Name:
Pinot Grigio - White Italian Wine
Prodotto in Italia
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphites, May Contain Yeast
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.