Carta Roja Gran Reserva 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£12.50 per 75cl
This wine has been aged in oak barrels and bottle for five years giving it a unique intensity and smoothness
- Brands: Carta
- Grape Varieties: Mourvèdre
- Countries: Jumilla
- Price Ranges: £12 to £20
- Wine Cellar: Red
Preparation and Usage
Makes a fantastic partner for game and lamb dishes and also hard cheeses.
Intense award-winning red, displaying notes of black fruit and pepper, and hints of sweet spices.
Fantastic partner for game and lamb dishes and also hard cheeses.
BSI - Bodegas San Isidro
Bodegas San Isidro was founded on 1934 as "El Progreso" Agricultural Syndicate. It participates actively in the Jumilla Denomination of Origin Control Board since it was created in 1966, promoting its recognition in the world of winemaking. BSI is currently made up of a large number of cooperative partners, all of whom work under an innovative concept of quality and service, which has enabled us to place BSI wines amongst the best in the world.
The D.O. (Designation of Origin) Jumilla area is in the prebetic area, forming part of the transition between the Mediterranean Levante coast and the La Mancha Castilian plateau. It stands out due to its wide valleys, surrounded by mountain ridges. The only permanent flow of water is the Mundo River which runs through the Hellin area.
Maceration phase lasts 15 days, in order to extract all the necessary components that are present on the grape skin, as well as a good structure. Fermentation into stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature, around 22ºC. Afterwards, when the wine has naturally stabilized, the ageing phase start to take place, inside American and French oak barrels, and it lasts more than 3 years. Afterwards, it stays on the bottle, inside the Ageing Room for another 2 years.
Country of Origin
Pack - Glass
Full Product Name:
Monastrell - Red Spanish Wine
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.