Colome Estate Malbec 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£17.49 per 75cl
This wine has been aging 18 months in French oak barrels and 6 months in the bottle. Very intense and dark colour. Complex and strong nose of cherries, blackberries, white pepper and violet. Fine and elegant in the mouth, big concentration, ending with round and elegant tannins. Well integrated oak notes and long finish. Colomé estate and its country boutique hotel are a scenic four hours drive from the provincial capital of Salta.
Terroir wines crafted on 4 continents.
- Brands: Colome
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Shiraz - Syrah
- Countries: Salta
- Price Ranges: £12 to £20
- Wine Cellar: Red, Fine Wine
Store in a cool, dry place.
To enjoy now or to cellar 5-6 years
Preparation and Usage
To enjoy now or to cellar 5-6 years.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Tannat
Complex and strong nose of cherries, blackberries, white pepper and violet. Fine and elegant in the mouth, big concentration, ending with round and elegant tannins. Well integrated oak notes and long finish.
Enotria Winecellars Ltd
Founded in 1831, Bodega Colomé is the oldest working winery in Argentina, boasting an impressive 4-hectare single vineyard of Malbec and Cabernet planted on original rootstock vines brought from Bordeaux in 1854. In June 2001 the 39,000-hectare property became part of the Hess Group from Switzerland. Since then Bodega Colomé has undergone an investment programme.
Situated in the Salta region to the far north of Argentina, Bodega Colomés high altitude mountain vineyards are planted at a majestic 2300m above sea level in the Calchaqui Valley making them the highest in the world. Bio-dynamically farmed, the extreme altitude of the vineyards allows for lengthened days of intense sunshine and cold nights, growing grapes of intense varietal character and sophistication.
The Wine making process involves a slow fermentation, produced by selected yeasts. Maceration was prolonged (25 to 30 days). 50% of the juice went through malolactic fermentation in French oak barrels. Only the 75% of the wine was aged in French oak barrels (30% first usage barrels, 70% second usage barrels) for 15 months. It was clarified with egg whites from our biodymamic farm. Limited production of 900 bottles.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Produced and bottled by:
Bodega Colomé S.A.,
Ruta provincial 53,
The Hess Collection S.A.,
Pack - Glass
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.