Cooks' Ingredients Bicarbonate Of Soda Waitrose 180g
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 49.4p
Bicarbonate of soda is a raising agent, which reacts with acidic foods such as lemon juice, buttermilk or cream of tartar to produce air bubbles that help a mixture to expand and rise. Often combined with baking powder to give an extra boost when baking, for example, gingerbread or parkin.
Store in a cool dry place.
Make a simple baking powder by combining 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda with 2 tsp cream of tartar
Preparation and Usage
Bicarbonate of soda is a raising agent, which reacts with acidic foods such as lemon juice, buttermilk or cream of tartar to produce air bubbles that help a mixture to expand and rise. Often combined with baking powder to give an extra boost when baking, for example, gingerbread or parkin. Make a simple baking powder by combining 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda with 2 tsp cream of tartar.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Lid - Plastic - Check Local Recycling; Pot - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Raising Agent Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
Clipper’s range of green teas work brilliantly in these unusual little cakes. The cakes are light and moist, not too sweet. The cakes are baked in dinky little loaf tins, but if you don’t have any, you could bake them as muffins in a muffin tin, with or without paper cases. Serve with a big cup of matching Clipper green tea!
Great cakes for enjoying either at home or as part of a packed lunch.
This light mellow gingerbread is perfect to satisfy those mid-afternoon sweet cravings with a cup of tea, but don't forget to serve with some paper napkins to sort out those sticky fingers afterwards.
Best served warm, these fritters are delicious with a yogurt raita or a sweet chilli sauce.
Another bestseller at the Hummingbird, this carrot cake is moist and full of flavour. You can vary how finely you chop the nuts for the sponge, and pecan nuts or walnuts can be substituted freely. For an extra-special touch, decorate the top with mini carrots – these can either be formed by hand using sugar paste or piped on using orange buttercream frosting.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.