Cooks' Ingredients Bicarbonate of Soda 180g
over 1 month *
49.4p per 100g
Bicarbonate of soda is a raising agent, which reacts with acidic foods such as lemon juice, buttermilk or cream of tartar to produce air bubbles that help a mixture to expand and rise. Often combined with baking powder to give an extra boost when baking, for example, gingerbread or parkin.
Store in a cool dry place.
Make a simple baking powder by combining 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda with 2 tsp cream of tartar
Preparation and Usage
Bicarbonate of soda is a raising agent, which reacts with acidic foods such as lemon juice, buttermilk or cream of tartar to produce air bubbles that help a mixture to expand and rise. Often combined with baking powder to give an extra boost when baking, for example, gingerbread or parkin. Make a simple baking powder by combining 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda with 2 tsp cream of tartar.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Lid - Plastic - Check Local Recycling; Pot - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Raising Agent Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
Clipper’s range of green teas work brilliantly in these unusual little cakes. The cakes are light and moist, not too sweet. The cakes are baked in dinky little loaf tins, but if you don’t have any, you could bake them as muffins in a muffin tin, with or without paper cases. Serve with a big cup of matching Clipper green tea!
A traditional yeast-free bread. In baking, buttermilk produces a lighter texture than plain milk.
This is another of those simple, quick, yeast-free breads that can be put together in next to no time. It’s not bread at all really, more a sort of savoury cake, and I absolutely love it. The plain version is delicious with bacon for breakfast, or as an accompaniment to hearty, beany stews or soups. However, if you add a few extra tasty ingredients (see suggestions below), it becomes almost a meal in itself and you don’t need much with it except maybe some scrambled eggs or salad.
This pizza covers all options: it's gluten free, dairy free and suitable for vegans. Cook's Tip: Cooking in the frying pan first ensures a crispy base. This is also a great recipe to double up and freeze.
1 hr 25 mins
Use up a garden glut in this sweet, spiced sponge loaf - the hidden veg keeps it moist and walnuts add crunch.
1 hr 15 mins
- Life guarantee
- Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.