Cooks' Ingredients Cornflour Waitrose 250g
over 1 month *
30p per 100g
Store in a cool dry place. For best before end date see base of carton.
Ideal for thickening sauces, casseroles, stir fries or gravy. For gravy, allow 15g of cornflour per 300ml of liquid, adding more or less for thicker or thinner results. Always add cold liquid to cornflour to make a smooth paste first before stirring into the liquid to avoid any lumps, and continue stirring until it comes to the boil. Try adding 1/2 tsp cornflour per egg white when making a pavlova as it helps produce a marshmallowy centre
Preparation and Usage
Recipe/Serving Suggestion: Ideal for thickening sauces, casseroles, stir fries or gravy. For gravy, allow 15g of cornflour per 300ml of liquid, adding more or less for thicker or thinner results. Always add cold liquid to cornflour to make a smooth paste first before stirring into the liquid to avoid any lumps, and continue stirring until it comes to the boil. Try adding 1/2 tsp cornflour per egg white when making a pavlova as it helps produce a marshmallowy centre.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Bag - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled; Carton - Card - Widely Recycled
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Summer is a tricky time for chocolate as the humidity and heat shorten its shelf life dramatically. At this time of year, I always look for truly special and seasonal ingredients. Fraises du bois or French wild strawberries are a real treat, and we are lucky that Scottish wild strawberries are becoming more widely availablle; otherwise regular strawberries will do.
3 hrs 20 mins
There are few things more delightful than an strawberry tart on a hot day. This strawberry tart calls for the strawberries to be marinated in rosé wine, making this tart even more of a winner.
Whiting is a brilliant white fish which is increasingly finding its way onto fine-dining menus. If you cannot find it, use cod or haddock. Making the sweet chilli dip is optional, but is superior to any shop-bought variety.
This tasty chicken dish combines a trio of different flavours to excellent effect. It’s sure to impress, so a great choice for a dinner party.
Suitable for babies from 12 months onwards. This sweet and sour recipe is very healthy as the meat isn't deep fried. Serve with rice and vegetables such as baby sweetcorn, green beans, mushrooms and courgettes, all work well.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.