Offer - Cune Barrel Fermented Rioja Blanco, Spain 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£7.86 per 75cl
Barrel Fermented Rioja
Barrel Fermented Monopole is made from the earliest white grapes harvested - principally Viura and Malvasia. Following a light pressing the best juices are selected for barrel fermentation in small, new, American oak casks prior to traditional barrel maturation. The result is a delicious lemon fresh wine with elegant oak influences, great length and balance
- Brands: Cune Monopole
- Grape Varieties: Other White Grapes
- Wine Styles: Dry
- Countries: Rioja
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £6 to £8
- Wine Cellar: White, IWC
Bright straw yellow, star bright. Ripe summer fruit on the nose with floral notes. Soft, aromatic and rich in the palate, with good grapefruit acidity. Light toasty and biscuity flavours from the oak and the lees, with hints and cinnamon on the finish.
C.V.N.E., or to give it its full name, Compañía Vinicola del Norte de España (The Northern Spanish Wine Company) was established on the 24th of March 1879 in Haro, Rioja. Set up by two brothers, Eusebio and Raimundo Real de Asúa, their aim was to capitalise on the flourishing new trade in wine.
Since 1991, the Rioja wine region is qualified as a Denominación de Origen Calificada (Spains highest category). It is divided into three subregions, producing different types of wines, Rioja Alta, Rioja Baja y Rioja Alavesa. Compañía Vinícola del Norte de España, Cvne, still sits on its original site in the Barrio de la Estación in Haro, home of the Rioja Alta wineries. It is a land known for producing fine, elegant wines with moderate alcohol content.
A manual selection of grapes at their optimum point of ripeness. Once in the winery, the grapes were cold macerated for 6-8 hours to create more structure and flavour in the finished wine. The grapes are then lightly pressed and the juice transferred to new American oak casks for fermentation for between 15 and 20 days at cellar temperature, between 16 and 20° C. The young wine remains on its lees which are periodically stirred through the wine so that they hang in suspension.
Country of Origin
Compaňía Vinícola Del Norte De Espaňa,
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.