Daylesford Organic Whole Chicken Typically: 1.7kg
4 days guaranteed (avg. 8.5)*
Price per kg: £8.99
Min. weight: 1.6kg
Max. weight: 1.8kg
Fresh Class A
Our chicken roam freely and live significantly longer lives than even free-range chickens. As they forage, they make the most of our organic pastures, being a breed that naturally enjoys exploring. All this means their meat has the time to develop its unique flavour.
At Daylesford, we believe in farming sustainably. Our animals roam freely on our farm's organic pastures, and feed on the organic crops we grow ourselves. We never use herbicides or artificial fertilisers, and we rotate our fields between crops and our animals, which allows the soil to build up nutrients naturally.
We believe organic is better for our health, our animals and the environment; and of course always tastes better.
Our organic chickens live in plenty of outside space. Many 'free-range' chickens rarely leave their over-crowded houses, since that's where their food is.
Daylesford farmshop: (`Discover more from the Daylesford Range' link above)
At Daylesford, we have been farming organically for over 25 years with a simple passion for real food. Our new virtual farmshop on Ocado stocks our full range of award-winning organic produce, including our meat, cheese, soups, meals, milk, bread, cakes and a great range of larder essentials.
Visit our farmshop at www.ocado.com/daylesford
Daylesford is a working farm, and the food we produce varies with the seasons. Just like all farmers markets, we bring the best of what we have each day to Ocado. We hope you find what you are looking for.
Keep refrigerated below 5ºC. Consume within the use by date. Once pack is opened use on the same day.
Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use. Do not re-freeze once defrosted.
Electric (200ºC): 45 minutes per kg + 20 minutes
Fan (180ºC): 45 minutes per kg + 20 minutes
Gas (gas mark 6): 45 minutes per kg + 20 minutes
Remove all packaging, and place the bird in a roasting tray.
Brush with plenty of olive oil, and squeeze over the juice of one lemon.
Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
Crush one whole bulb of garlic, and use to stuff the chicken, with one halved lemon and sprigs of thyme.
Cook thoroughly until the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
If the breast browns too quickly, cover with foil.
Allow to rest for ten minutes before carving
Country of Origin
Daylesford Organic Ltd.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.