Offer - Daylesford Organic Whole Chicken Typically: 1.7kg
4 days guaranteed (avg. 7)*
£6.74 per kg
Min. weight: 1.6kg
Max. weight: 1.8kg
As organic farmers, we work with nature to provide our animals with the best quality of life. Our chickens enjoy plenty of fresh air and have the run of their organic fields - living a truly free-range life.
Our organic chickens spend their lives running around outside, foraging for their natural diet and developing more muscle than a bird in a conventional chicken-house.
The meat is therefore firmer, and tastes best if it is rested for 5-10 minutes after cooking.
Keep refrigerated 0-4°C
Suitable for freezing on day of purchase: use within one month.
Defrost fully before use. Do not re-freeze once defrosted.
Consume by the use by date and within 1 day of opening.
Use by: see front of pack.
Oven cook - From Chilled.
For perfectly cooked roast chicken, our head chef Gaven recommends:
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven, Gas mk 6).
Rub with a little oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Place on a cooling wire on a roasting tray and place in oven for 50-55 minutes or until there is no pink meat and the juices run clear.
Rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Alternatively, if you're short of time:
Remove legs from carcass, rub legs and crown with oil.
Place in oven for 35-40 minutes until there is no pink meat and the juices run clear.
Preparation and Usage
Wash hands, surfaces & utensils after touching raw poultry.
Perfect roasted with springs of fresh thyme, rosemary, bay or sage, and served with a rich gravy made from the juices. Or casserole the bird whole in a pot with a tight fitting lid with vegetables, stock and a splash of brandy.
Return To Address
Daylesford near Kingham,
Country of Origin
Daylesford near Kingham,
Bag - Plastic
Bag - Not Recyclable
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, EU Agriculture, Soil Association Organic - Why organic? We believe organic is better for our health, our animals and environment; and of course always tastes better.
Fresh Class A
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
|Typical Values||per 100g as sold|
|of which saturates||2.7g|
|of which sugars||0.1g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.