Offer - Dell' Ugo Gluten Free Chickpea Fusilli 300g
over 1 week *
61.7p per 100g
The magic of Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a brilliant source of soluble fibre, high quality carbohydrate and protein.
Chickpeas have a low glycaemic load (or GI as it's more commonly known), so are great for weight loss and management as part of a calorie-controlled diet.
Paul Ugo's grandfather Luigi arrived in London in 1921 aged 14 on his 'gap' year from Italy. He fell in love with his wife, married and never looked back, setting up shop at 4, Gerrard Street, Soho in 1929 supplying pasta and noodles to local hotels and restaurants. Over the last eighty years, Ugo Foods has continued to supply the best traditional and innovative pastas to top hotels and retailers. We've won the most awards of any UK pasta supplier.
Chickpea Fusilli - The story
Ugo Foods has been making innovative pastas since the 1960's when our founder Luigi Ugo made gluten free pasta using barley and millet, supplying it to London's first vegetarian restaurant, Cranks, in Marshall Street, Soho. We first made pasta from chickpeas in the 1990's and, in different forms, it's been a firm favourite with our customers ever since. This fusilli, though, is our best yet.
In 2013 our Gluten Free Chickpea Fusilli won first place in the FreeFrom Foods awards innovation category. Thank you to Anthony Worrall Thompson, Cressida and the team at FreeFrom for the lovely certificate we now have on our wall.
A gluten-free helping hand
We know it can be a real pain if you're recommended to avoid gluten, that's why if you scan in our handy QR code it will take you straight to our webpage on tips, tricks and contacts to help you deal with gluten-free life. Additionally, if you're choosing our chickpea pasta for health or weight loss reasons, you'll find some tasty recipes at www.dellugo.co.uk
- Brands: Dell' Ugo
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Wheat Free, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Egg Free
- Options: On Offer
Keep Refrigerated; Suitable for Home Freezing
Hob - From Chilled. Allow approximately 100-150g pasta per person. Place the pasta into a large pan of salted boiling water. Bring to the boil and cook for 4 minutes. Drain thoroughly and serve immediately on pre-heated plates or bowls.
Preparation and Usage
Our delicious chickpea fusilli tastes wonderful with any sauce but we love to use a rich tomato or Bolognese-based one. Alternatively why not make a great pasta bake? Toss some cooked fusilli in your favourite sauce and top with lashings of grated cheese before popping in the oven.
Return To Address
Find out more about us and our pasta passion at www.dellugo.co.uk or scan the QR code for delicious recipes.
Let us know what you think we'd love to hear from you.
Country of Origin
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Eggs, Free From Gluten
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Chickpea Flour, Water
Suitable for Vegans
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|Of which saturates||0.5g|
|Of which sugars||1.8g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.