Domaine de Sainte Rose, Coquille d'Oc Blanc 2013 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £5.99
The wine you are drinking is a secret recipe: an unusual but perfectly judged combination of four different white grape varieties grown at Sainte Rose. Fresh, zingy citrus fruit flavours and wonderfully peachy aromatics combine with a suprisingly rich finish making this a perfect light lunchtime white. The scallop shell also has a secret. It was the symbol of reassurance to Medieval travellers on the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela. There is one such shell embossed on a stone basin in front of our house as this site was once a hostellerie offering shelter to piligrims travelling west. To this day, through the wine that we make, our Domaine still offers a welcome way to relax and unwind.
Alc. 13% Vol.
- Brands: Coquille
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Muscat, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier
- Countries: France
- Price Ranges: Less than £6
- Wine Cellar: White
Domaine de Saint Rose
Fresh, zingy, citrus fruit flavours and wonderfully peachy aromatics combine with a surprisingly rich finish, making this a perfect light lunchtime white.
Domaine Sainte Rose
Domaine Sainte Rose
Charles & Ruth Simpson
Domaine de Sainte Rose dates from the 16th century, although there have been grapes grown on this site since roman times. Also on this site in the 12th century, there was a hostellerie that offered shelter to pilgrims travelling along the southern pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostella. Charles & Ruth Simpson bought the Domaine in 2002 and have lovingly restored the Chateau, the winery and the vineyards to their former glory.
The Languedoc region of southern France has fantastic sunshine hours, good subterranean water resources and a huge variety of terroir. It therefore has enormous potential to produce top quality wines. Its past reputation of producing large volumes of low quality wine has now changed and it is one of the most dynamic regions in the 'old world'.
This wine is a blend of Chardonnay, VIognier, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscat. All these white grape varieties are harvested during the night early in August, to protect the juice from the heat of the day. Each variety is vinified individually in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks, ensuring that varietal characteristics are preserved. The finished wine is then carefully blended to bring out the best of each variety.
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Charles & Ruth Simpson, 34290, Servian, France.
Glass bottle recyclable
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.