Doves Farm Gram Flour 1kg
17p per 100g
Gram, or chana dahl, is a member of the chickpea family commonly used throughout the Indian subcontinent and Middle East. Gram Flour is popular in both savoury and sweet dishes and is a vegan egg substitute if mixed with equal quantities of water.
Today there is an increasing need for foods free from gluten and other allergens including milk, peanut, egg and soya. Unlock a world of Free From baking with our back of pack recipes.
Clare, Doves Farm
Free From Baking, Doves Farm Foods, Salisbury Road, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 0RF
You can visit dovesfarm.co.uk for more recipe inspiration and browse our award winning Free From breakfast cereals, pasta, cookies and flapjacks.
Visit us at Facebook and Twitter
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
Return To Address
Doves Farm Foods,
Go free from gluten when you bake with our flour. To make your baking also free from dairy and/or egg try our suggested ingredients swops, shown in black.
75g Gram flour
2tsp Cumin seeds
1tsp Ground coriander
1/2tsp Mixed spice
1. Mix together the flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt and mixed spice.
2. Stir in the water and beat to a smooth batter.
3. Coarsely grate the potato and onion into the batter and mix well.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and gently drop in spoonful's of the mixture.
5. Cook bhajis until golden brown on all sides then remove and drain on kitchen paper before serving.
Potato and Gram Frittata
500g Cooked potato
150g Gram flour
3 Spring onions
1. Slice the potato.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the potato until golden.
4. Sieve the gram flour into a bowl, add the water and whisk well then pour over the cooked potato.
5. Finely chop the onions and scatter them on top.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Cook on medium heat with lid on for 10/12 minutes.
8. Remove the lid and cook under the grill for 3/5 minutes.
Oven 180°C/Fan 160°C/350°F/Gas 4
150g Gram flour
1/4tsp Xanthan gum
75g Butter or vegan butter
400g Onion sliced
100g Bacon chopped
3 Eggs or 50g gram flour + pinch xanthan gum + 250ml milk or vegan milk
Pinch Salt & pepper
25g Cheese or vegan cheese grated
1. Mix together the flour, xanthan gum and salt.
2. Using a fork mash in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in enough water to bring together to a soft ball of dough, it may appear a little wet but will absorb the liquid.
4. Wrap in cling film and rest the pastry for at least 30 minutes.
5. Roll the pastry out between two pieces of flour dusted cling film or parchment, or simply press into the baking dish using your fingers.
6. To blind bake lay a piece of baking parchment over the pastry, fill with baking beans and bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
7. To make the filling fry the onions and bacon in oil.
8. Beat the eggs with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Or mix the gram flour, xanthan gum, nutmeg, salt and pepper with enough milk to make a smooth paste then beat in the remaining milk.
9. Mix in the onion, bacon and cheese.
10. Tip into the pastry case and bake in a pre-heated oven for 25/30 minutes.
Country of Packing
Doves Farm Foods,
Bag - Paper
Full Product Name:
A naturally gluten free flour made from chana dahl
Ingredients from more than one country. Milled and packed in the UK
Crossed Grain Symbol - CUK-M-144, CUK-G-017
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Kosher - KLBD, Parve
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.5g|
|of which sugars||2.8g|
These vegetarian kebabs use a firm Indian cheese coated in spices and grilled, perfect for a party
Absolutely delicious even as an onion loaf. This basic recipe can be used with any finely sliced or small pieces of vegetables; for example, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms or using a vegetable peeler, ribboned carrots, courgettes or aubergine.
Best served warm, these fritters are delicious with a yogurt raita or a sweet chilli sauce.
This gluten free twist is great served warm with melted butter! No need for anything else although an extra spreading of chocolate spread wouldn't go amiss!
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.