Doves Farm Organic Malthouse Flour 1kg
over 3 weeks *
Price per 100g: 21p
Malthouse flour is made from wheat and rye flours combined with flaked malted grains for a wholesome crunchy texture. It is ideal for use in bread machines and for oven baked yeast cookery.
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place
Malthouse Flour is ideal for use in a bread machine following
the basic bread recipe
Preparation and Usage
Ideal for oven baked yeast cookery and in bread machines.
Oven 220°C/Fan 200°C/425°F/Gas 7
500g Malthouse bread flour
1 1/2tsp Salt
1tsp Quick yeast
325ml Warm water
1tbsp Vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, quick yeast and sugar.
2. Carefully measure the water and roughly mix it into the flour.
3. While the dough is still craggy add the oil and knead well until smooth and pliable.
4. Leave the dough in a bowl covered with a cloth, in a warm place, for the dough to double in size (about an hour).
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough firmly for a few minutes.
6. Shape the dough and put it into a 1kg/2lb bread tin or place it on an oiled baking sheet.
7. Cover and leave dough to rise for 30/40 minutes in a warm place.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 40/45 minutes.
Follow the malthouse bread recipe to step 4 using 350ml of milk in place of the water. When doubled in size divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll into balls. Flatten the dough balls and place, well apart, on a floured oven tray. Dust with flour and leave to rise for 25/30 minutes then bake in the pre-heated oven for 15/20 minutes. Remove the baps and wrap them in a clean tea towel until cold.
Quick Malthouse Bread
Follow the malthouse bread recipe omitting the rising in step 4.
Machine Malthouse Bread
Malthouse flour is ideal for use in a bread machine following the bread recipe supplied with your machine.
Rustic Fruit Loaf
Oven 200°C/Fan 180°C/400°F/Gas 6
100g Mixed dried fruits
1 Orange rind and juice
200g Malthouse bread flour
50g Caster sugar
1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2tsp Quick yeast
1tbsp Black treacle
25g Softened butter
1 Beaten egg
1. Mix together the dried fruits, orange rind and juice, set aside.
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, quick yeast and ground cinnamon.
3. Stir in the water and treacle.
4. As the dough comes together mix in the egg.
5. Beat in the butter with the reserved fruit and juice.
6. Cover and leave in a warm place for 2 hours.
7. Stir the dough and tip into an oiled 500g/1lb bread tin.
8. Cover and leave in a warm place for an hour.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45/50 minutes.
Country of Origin
More than one country
Doves Farm Foods,
Bag - Paper
Full Product Name:
A special blend of wheat, rye and barley malt flours with malted wheat flakes.
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, EU/non-EU Agriculture
Ingredients from more than one country.
Milled in the UK.
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Wheat Flour* (contains Gluten), Malted Wheat Flakes* 15% (contains Gluten), Rye Flour* 3% (contains Gluten), Barley Malt Flour 3% (contains Gluten), Ascorbic Acid, *Organic produce
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.3g|
|of which sugars||1.2g|
These nutty-textured savoury crêpes are a French classic and are also ideal for pancake day.
Malthouse bread flour is made from wheat and rye flours, combined with flaked malted grains for a wholesome crunchy texture. This basic recipe makes a light brown loaf with tasty malted wheat flakes.
2 hrs 40 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.