Essential Cooked King Prawns Waitrose 150g
4 days guaranteed *
£16.67 per kg
- Brands: Waitrose
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Soya Free, Peanut Free, Milk Free, Nut Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free
Keep refrigerated below 5°C. Once opened, consume within 2 days. Do not exceed use by date.
Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within 1 month.
Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
For use by date see front of pack.
Preparation and Usage
Ready to eat
Return To Address
We are committed to bringing you the best quality. Should you not be happy with this product, please bring the packaging back to any Waitrose branch and we'll replace your item and refund you.
Country of Packing
Tray & Heat Sealed
Film - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled;
Tray - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Freshly cooked and peeled king prawns.
WARNING: Although every care is taken to remove all shell, some fragments may remain.
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Common Name: King Prawns
Latin Name: Panaeus vannamei
Country of Origin: Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Honduras and Nicaraguar
Farming method: Pond system - Intensive
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
King Prawns (Penaeus Vannamei) (Crustaceans) (98.5%), Salt
|Typical Values||as sold per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.1g|
|of which sugars||0.1g|
A quick and easy stir-fry, using nutty brown basmati rice.
With the curry itself taking next to no time to prepare, ensure you get the rice on first!.
This simple dish is perfect served with some lemon couscous and a green leaf salad.
This recipe if from Richard Shepherd - chef patron of the Coq d'Or Restaurant Company, who says: "This is dedicated to my dear friend, journalist and ex-head of ITV Sport, John Bromley OBE, who wished life and food to be enjoyed without fuss...it's essentially a prawn cocktail on a plate. Eat it with chilled wine and warm company". Watch the video below to hear Richard's thoughts on the dish.
Diana says: "This is one of my children's favourite recipes and can be adapted to suit what you already have in the house (I don't always put in prawns, for example, and sometimes I make it with leftover pork). Tenderstem broccoli is great for this kind of dish because it cooks quickly and provides great colour."
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.