Free Range Whole Chicken Waitrose Typically: 1.98kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 5)*
Price per kg: £5.99
Min. weight: 1.65kg
Max. weight: 2.3kg
Free range chicken without giblets
Our free range chickens are reared exclusively for Waitrose on small, family farms in Northern Ireland. By day they are free to roam in open pastures and exhibit their natural behavior. By night, they are protected in purpose built sheds and are fed a natural, cereal based diet.
Keep refrigerated below 4°C. Once opened consume within 2 days. Do not exceed use by date. Freeze as soon after purchase as possible and within the use by date. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
For use by date see front of pack.
Oven cook - From Chilled. Do not wash poultry before cooking.
Gas 6, 200°C, Fan 180°C 45 mins per kg + 20 mins.
Preheat oven. Remove all packaging. Place in a roasting dish, brush with oil and place in oven until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. If the breast browns too quickly cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes before carving. Do not reheat once cooled.
Preparation and Usage
Preparation: Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw poultry.
Return To Address
We are committed to bringing you the best quality. Should you not be happy with this product, please bring the packaging back to any Waitrose branch and we'll replace your item and refund you.
Recipe / Serving Suggestion: Serves 4-6
Harissa and Pickled Lemon Roast Chicken
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Place 2 whole pickled lemons in the cavity of the chicken and chop a third. Mix with 50g softened butter, and 4 tsp Harissa paste. Loosen the skin over the breasts and spread the butter between the flesh and skin. Cover loosely with foil. Place in a roasting tin and roast according to pack instructions until thoroughly cooked and juices run clear. Cook uncovered for the last half hour. Remove chicken from the tin and add 2 tsp of Harissa paste to the juices with 1 tbsp flour. Blend in 200ml stock, bring to the boil then serve with the chicken.
Country of Origin
Tray & Heat Sealed
Film - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled;
Tray - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Fresh Class A
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten
|Typical Values||As Sold Per 100g Edible Portion|
|of which saturates||3.6g|
|of which sugars||0.0g|
A tasty family meal that everyone will enjoy. This Tzimmes chicken combines the traditional ingredients in one pot. The word 'tzimmes' means to make a fuss over someone or something. It is the sense of the word that gives this dish its name, a lot of things mixed together. The classic Tzimmes is an eastern European recipe for honey baked carrots. In Yiddish the word "meren" means carrots and to increase. On Rosh Hashonah (Jewish New Year) we often use carrots as they symbolize our hope that we increase our good deeds in the coming year. Another reason for eating them is that the sliced carrots look like golden coins – we wish that our pockets should never be empty in the year to come! Tzimmes recipes vary considerably but all of them are sweet and contain the vital ingredient of carrots.
If you have a jar of preserved lemons in the cupboard, chop up a lemon and add it to the sauce with a little more honey before reducing. It will give the dish a different dimension.
Roast chicken is always a crowd pleaser and this recipe has an Italian twist with Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto, fresh lemon thyme and plenty of Parmesan. Delizioso!
1 hr 40 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.