G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne NV 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Founded in 1827 this award-winning champagne is a testament to G.H. Mumm's uncompromising motto, ""only the best"".
This champagne won a Gold Medal at the International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC) 2015. The IWSC Awards are the premier wine and spirit awards in the world, setting an international benchmark for quality.
- Brands: Mumm
- Wine Styles: Champagne, Dry
- Countries: Champagne
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Champagne
Sparkling wines and Champagne should always be stored in a cool and dry place away from light and heat sources. The ideal temperature for storage is 13-15 degrees C.
Warning: Sparkling wines contain high natural pressure. Do not allow bottles to get warm. Chill bottle before opening and avoid shaking. Point bottle away from others and yourself when removing wire, hood and cork. Hold the cork firmly and twist out slowly by hand. Never in any circumstances use a corkscrew to open.
Preparation and Usage
G.H.MUMM Cordon Rouge can be enjoyed as an aperitif. Its aromatic richness is also a perfect match for white meat and fish such as monkfish or red mullet, and is also an ideal complement to the creamy flavours of foie gras.
This Cuvée fully expresses its aromas and structure when served at 8°C. Add to your enjoyment with a touch of ceremony by sabring the bottle.
Pinot Noir, Chardonney, Pinot Meunier
Aromas of ripe fresh fruit (white and yellow peaches, apricots), tropical notes (lychee and pineapple). It then opens up with the fragrance of vanilla before developing notes of milky caramel, breadcrumbs and yeast, culminating in aromas of dried fruit and honey.
G.H. MUMM Cordon Rouge can be enjoyed as an aperitif. Its aromatic richness is also a perfect match for white meat and fish such as monkfish or red mullet, and is also an ideal complement to the creamy flavours of foie gras. This Cuvée fully expresses its aromas and structure when served at 8°C. Add to your enjoyment with a touch of ceremony by sabring the bottle.
Since it was founded in 1827, the House of G.H.Mumm has retained Georges Hermann Mumm's uncompromising maxim: " Only the best". Reflected in the Royal Warrant G.H.Mumm has held since 1886. Recognisable by its red ribbon¿a symbol of excellence¿is the perfect embodiment of the spirit of the House ¿DARE. WIN. CELEBRATE¿: synonymous with victory and celebration, it adorns every bottle of Mumm as a tribute to the amazing feats achieved by some of the Houses most prestigious clients.
Maison Mumm's own vineyards cover nearly 218 hectares, in which Pinot Noir is highly dominant (78%). With their total area under vines rated at an impressive 98% on the champagne quality scale, Maison Mumm's vineyards include 160 hectares classified as Grands Crus, and are situated in eight historic villages whose grapes express all of the authenticity of the Champagne region's best terroirs.
Crafting is a long and complex process of which every step is fundamental to the Cuvée's quality and perfection. 45% of the blend is Pinot Noir, the House's emblematic grape variety chosen for its structure and power. This is combined with the subtlety and elegance of Chardonnay (30%) and the fruity roundness of Pinot Meunier (25%). Lastly, Mumm Cordon Rouge is left to rest in the House's cellars for two and a half years (almost twice the time required by legislation).
Return To Address
Pernod Ricard UK,
Building 12 Chiswick Park,
566 Chiswick High Road,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
G.H.Mumm & Co,
29 Rue de Champ de Mars,
Full Product Name:
Brut - White French Wine
Ideally store between 10-13 degrees celsius. Temperature should remain constant.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 26-Apr-2017 at 02:24. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.