G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne NV 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Number 3 Major Champagne House in the world.
A vineyard of 218 hectares rates at 98% in the Grand Crus scale and in the best villages: Aÿ, Bouzy, Ambonnnay, Verzy, Verzenay, Mailly, Avize and Cramant.
The Official Champagne of Formula 1
The champagne of the Explores (JB Charcot, The Cordon Rouge Club in London)
Exceptional ratings in the major international competitions (Cordon Rouge 92/100 in the Wine Spectator in 2012)
Georges Hermann Mumm gives the Champagne House his initials and decorates the bottle with the Cordon Rouge - a symbol of excellence, inspired by the Legion d'Honneur.
Alc. 12% Vol.
9 UK Units
- Brands: Mumm
- Wine Styles: Champagne, Dry
- Countries: Champagne
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Champagne
Preparation and Usage
G.H.MUMM Cordon Rouge can be enjoyed as an aperitif. Its aromatic richness is also a perfect match for white meat and fish such as monkfish or red mullet, and is also an ideal complement to the creamy flavours of foie gras.
This Cuvée fully expresses its aromas and structure when served at 8°C. Add to your enjoyment with a touch of ceremony by sabring the bottle.
Pinot Noir / Chardonnay / Pinot Meunier
Appearance: A clear and bright golden yellow in colour, its abundant, delicate bubbles testify to this champagne's elegance and vigour. Fragrance: The nose reveals initial aromas of ripe fresh fruit (white and yellow peaches, apricots), tropical notes (lychee or pineapple). It then opens up with the fragrance of vanilla before developing notes of milky caramel, breadcrumbs and yeast, culminating in aromas of dried fruit and honey. Taste: Freshness bursts onto the palate, followed by great length in the mouth, and subtle, rich bubbles. Perfect balance combines with round, ample vinosity; complex aromas of fresh fruit and caramel prolong the intensity before blossoming into a wonderfully round finish.
G.H. MUMM Cordon Rouge can be enjoyed as an aperitif. Its aromatic richness is also a perfect match for white meat and fish such as monkfish or red mullet, and is also an ideal complement to the creamy flavours of foie gras. This Cuvée fully expresses its aromas and structure when served at 8°C. Add to your enjoyment with a touch of ceremony by sabring the bottle.
Pernod Ricard UK
In 1876, as a tribute to some of their most prestigious clients, G.H.MUMM decorated a few of their bottles with a crossed red silk ribbon (a reference to the Legion of Honour) and sealed them with an oval label. The success of Cordon Rouge was established¿
The Champagne wine region is a historic province within the administrative province of Champagne in the northeast of France. The area is best known for the production of the sparkling white wine that bears the region's name. EU law and the laws of most countries reserve the term "Champagne" exclusively for wines that come from this region. The high altitude and mean annual temperature of 10 °C (50 °F) creates a difficult environment for wine grapes to fully ripen. Ripening is aided by the presence of forests which helps to stabilize temperatures and maintain moisture in the soil. The cool temperatures serve to produce high levels of acidity in the resulting grape which is ideal for sparkling wine.
Each stage of the long, delicate production process affects the quality and perfection of the cuvée. Grape varieties and vintages are pressed and vinified separately so as to ensure a wide range of aromas and taste sensations that express the identity of each terroir. Wines from the same year are meticulously blended with a 25 to 30% addition of reverse wine that has been vat stored for to up four years, and which brings additional complexity and depth to the final blend. Finally, a residual sugar content of 8 g/l ensures that the cuvée exresses its personality and remains constant and true to the G.M. Mumm style.
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
G.H.Mumm & CO,
29 Rue de Champ de Mars,
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 09-Oct-2015 at 03:47. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.