Gail's White Sourdough 400g
3 days guaranteed (avg. 3)*
73.8p per 100g
Gail's believes in the art of honest bread making. We start with just four simple ingredients: flour, water, salt and yeast, and we never add artificial colours or flavours. Instead, we seek out the best ingredients from where they're best, whether it's hand-peeled Bramley apples from Britain, single source unsalted butter from France, or plump juicy olives from Mediterranean groves. All our loaves are made by hand too, so we never need to add the stabilisers and preservatives that are an unavoidable fact of industrialised bread.
Our selection of classic and globally-inspired artisanal breads includes a range of sourdoughs made from 15-year old wild yeast starters. Allowed to rise slowly and naturally, these loaves take 48 hours to make and possess a nature taste and character that a mechanically processed loaf couldn't hope to match.
Suitable for Home Freezing
Ideally, store in your Gail's paper bag.
You can freeze the bread for 1 month, but never refrigerate.
Preparation and Usage
This definitive white loaf will go with just about anything. Toast it, serve it with soup or pâté, or simply wrap two slices around whatever takes your fancy.
For the best artisan experience devour today.
Return To Address
Paper bag recyclable
Full Product Name:
May Contain Eggs, May Contain Milk, May Contain Nuts, May Contain Sesame, May Contain Soya, Contains Wheat
Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour Treatment Agent (E300)), Water, Fortified Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine), Wheat Gluten, Flour Treatment Agent (E300)), Salt
May Contain Nuts.
May Contain Sesame Seeds.
Free From Artificial Preservatives.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||1g|
|of which starch||45g|
|of which saturates||0.1g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||0.1g|
|of which polyunsaturates||0.4g|
To create a super-smooth soup, start with chick peas
Grilled slices of courgette and aubergine in place of cucumber give a beautifully smoky flavour that's great for barbecues.
The ultimate comfort dish - earthy mushrooms piled on toast topped with crisp, succulent prosciutto.
This is a great way to make Italian-style toasted sandwiches without the need for a special panini machine. The secret is to get the pan just hot enough, so that by the time the bread has toasted, the middle is melty and delicious. It it's too hot, the bread could burn before the middle is ready, so always keep the heat lower if you are not sure. Pack a punch with Sacla's Fiery Chilli Pesto, or try Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto for something extra unctuous.
This recipe combines wet walnuts, a slightly lesser-known ingredient and one of the great delicacies of autumn, with delicious radicchio in a quick and incredibly simple dish. Celebrated Chef Theo Randall prepares rustic Italian fare with the finest seasonal ingredients in one of London’s best Italian restaurants; Theo Randall at the InterContinental.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.