Offer - Garofalo Organic Whole Wheat Penne Dry Pasta 500g
43.8p per 100g
100% Organic Whole Durum Wheat Semolina.
From Gragnano near Naples in Italy.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Garofalo has been making pasta for over 300 years in Gragnano near Naples in Italy, the home of pasta. Garofalo whole wheat pasta is made from organic whole durum wheat semolina and shaped through a bronze die to produce quality dry pasta with a slightly nutty flavour. Whole wheat pasta is made using the whole grain and has high protein content, resulting in nutritious pasta with an al dente texture and superb taste.
Penne are probably the most popular tubular pasta types around, The word Penne means "quills" and refers to straight tubes of pasta cut diagonally at the ends (like a quill pen). Rigate means "ridges" which helps hold more sauce on the pasta than the smooth penne type.
Penne makes excellent and versatile pasta for many applications because of the very practical design. The angle cut of the end makes a large surface area for sauce to fall into and be drawn up the tube which means they are great for pairing with thick tomato sauces, meat sauces, chunky vegetable sauces, and thick cream sauces.
- Brands: Garofalo
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Kosher, Organic, Vegetarian
- Options: Vitality healthy food, On Offer
Store in a cool dry place.
Cooking time 11 minutes.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt if required. Keeping the water at a rolling boil add the amount of pasta needed. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the pasta sticking together and to avoid damaging the pasta. Cook for the recommended time, drain and serve.
Preparation and Usage
11 MINUTE COOKING TIME.
Return To Address
Country of Origin
Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A.,
Via dei Pastai,
42, 80054 Gragnano (NA),
Full Product Name:
Whole Wheat Pasta
EU Organic - IT BIO 009, Agricoltura UE
Cooking time 11 minutes
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Organic Whole Wheat Semolina
Suitable for Vegetarians; Organic; Kosher
|Typical Values||per 100 g|
|of which saturated||0.4 g|
|of which sugars||3.0 g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.