Offer - Giesen Estate Sauvignon Blanc 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£9.99 per 75cl
The Giesen Estate Sauvignon Blanc 20165 is a blend of 50 vineyards, spread across the length and breadth of Marlborough's Awatere and Wairau Valleys. The soils range from free draining alluvial/silt to clay loams. Having such a range of vineyards offers a wide selection of maturity parameters in terms of sugar and acid profile, but also a huge aroma and flavour spectrum. Our philosophy is to crop vines in balance with each site optimising the vines ability to ripen fruit evenly and consistently to produce wines that reflect the true terroir of each site. We feel this is true representation of the classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Machine harvested from 50 separate vineyards.
The fruit was destemmed, gently pressed then floated to remove solids. The juice was inoculated with a range of selected aromatic yeast strains. Fermentation took approximately three weeks in tank at 12 to 16°C.
the 2014/15 vintage was low yielding, with cooler temperatures during the flowering period, reduced berry size and bunch weights. As is often the case with smaller berries, the flavours are more intense and concentrated. The warm dry conditions leading into harvest across Marlborough ensured the flavour, acidity and sugar levels of the grapes all benefited from the increased hang time. The fruit in each block was picked at optimum ripeness.
Kaffir lime, elderflower, herbaceous, crushed nettle, dried herb, jalapeño pepper.
Please enjoy our wine.
Theo, Alex and Marcel Giesen
- Brands: Giesen
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Countries: Marlborough
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: White
Dried herb, citrus (lemon/line), jalapeño pepper, crisp, dry clean palate, juicy acidity, fruit weight balance/mid palate succulence, lingering/persistant mouthfeel.
There is a strength of character and determination about Giesen brothers Theo, Alex and Marcel who, despite the naysayers, made the bold leap to make wine in Marlborough in 1981. Over the last 30 years they have laid deep roots in the region, developing their own vineyards and simply making wines that people want to drink. It is this staunch approach to consistency, with their passion always driving excellence that has enabled them to become one of the region's eminent producers.
Sitting in the top right-hand corner of New Zealand's South Island, Marlborough is framed by picturesque waters and snow-capped mountains. Its highly sought-after Wairau Valley is an ancient river bed nestled between two mountain ranges and bordered to the North by Cook Strait. It's a finite sub-region within the acclaimed Marlborough wine growing belt.
The Giesen Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2014 is a blend of 60 vineyards, spread across the length and breadth of Marlborough's famed Wairau Valley. The soils range from free draining alluvial/silt to clay loams. Giesen's philosophy is to crop vines in balance with each site optimising the vines ability to ripen fruit evenly and consistently to produce wines that reflect the true terroir of each site, providing a true representation of the classic Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Return To Address
EI Wines Ltd,
Country of Origin
Giesen Wines Limited,
26 Bristol Street,
Pack - Glass
Full Product Name:
Sauvignon Blanc - White New Zealand Wine
EI Wines Ltd,
RS: 3.2 g/L
Ageing potential: 18 months.
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
A delicious light yet creamy risotto, this bright and vibrant dish is packed with flavour.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.