Green & Black's Fairtrade Organic Cocoa 125g
Potassium Carbonate is commonly added to cocoa powder to balance out the acidity and bring out the rich chocolatey aromas. This is often referred to as 'Dutching' and has been used by chocolate makers for over 180 years.
Fairtrade enables farmers and workers in developing countries to improve their working and living conditions and make a better living through fair prices, community development and environmental stewardship.
Green & Black's
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
To make one cup of cocoa:
Mix up one teaspoon of Green & Black's organic cocoa with cold milk to make a smooth paste. Add hot milk, stirring well. Sweeten to taste
Preparation and Usage
Preparation instructions (with 200ml semi-skimmed milk): for one cup of cocoa, add one teaspoon (4 g) of cocoa powder with cold milk to make a smooth paste. Add hot milk, just off the boil, and stir well.
Sweeten to taste.
Return To Address
Green & Black's,
3 Sanderson Road,
Please address any UK consumer comments and enquiries to 'Freepost, Green & Black's Customer Care' or call us on 0800 840 1000
For ROI Careline, please contact: 1800 251044
Country of Origin
Produce of the EU
Country of Packing
Green & Black's,
3 Sanderson Road,
Packing - Recyclable
Full Product Name:
Organic Cocoa Powder
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, Non-EU Agriculture, Soil Association Symbol Holder P1117, Organic Certification GB-ORG-05, This products meets the Soil Association standards for organic food and farming, Fairtrade means fairer trading conditions and opportunities for producers in developing countries to invest in their businesses and communities for a sustainable future Visit www.info.fairtrade.net
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
May Contain Milk
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Organic Cocoa Powder (97%), Acidity Regulator (Potassium Carbonate), Cocoa: traded in compliance with Fairtrade Standards, total 97%
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Per 100g (Dry Powder)||Per Serving (Made up)**||%*/ Serving**||*Reference Intakes|
|Energy||1690 kJ||459 kJ||8400 kJ/|
|405 kcal||109 kcal||5%||2000 kcal|
|of which Saturates||12.5g||2.5g||13%||20g|
|of which Sugars||0.0g||9.6g||11%||90g|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal)|
|** 1 teaspoon (4g) Cocoa Powder + 200ml semi-skimmed milk|
A tantalising twist on the classic, these delicious easy-to-cook fondants come with just a touch of Tabasco sauce to bring out all of those rich, chocolatey flavours!
Award-winning writer, Fiona Beckett, shares her recipe for the 1970's classic dessert.
We use a devil’s food cake for our chocolate base. The cocoa powder gives the sponge a dark colour and chocolatey kick. The sponge should be light and moist, with all the ingredients well incorporated. But don’t overbeat the mixture, as the sponge will be too heavy.
These frostings make enough for 12 cupcakes. To cover a cake (top and sides), double the recipes.
These light cakes are perfect for freezing – they just need a quick blast in the microwave to bring them back to life.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-May-2015 at 00:46. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.