Gressingham Duck Crown 900g
5 days guaranteed (avg. 9)*
£6.67 per kg
The Gressingham breed came about when the small but flavourful wild Mallard was crossed with the larger Pekin, giving a meaty, succulent duck with more breast meat and less fat. The Gressingham Duck® is grown and packed on Red Tractor assured farms and factories in East Anglia.
Roast duck is fantastic with simple roast potatoes and your favorite veg, but visit our website for how-to videos and ideas like slow roast duck with potato rosti, orange curd carrots and stout jus.
For inspiring and simple recipes, ideas and how-to videos visit:
- Brands: Gressingham Foods
The well-kept duck
Keep refrigerated 0°C to +4°C. Once opened, use within 24 hours.
If freezing, do so on the day you buy it and use within 1 month. Defrost it thoroughly in the fridge before cooking. Don't refreeze after thawing, and use within 24 hours.
Oven cook - From Chilled. The easy-to-cook duck
Pre-heat your oven to 220°C, Fan 200°C, Gas Mark 7 and remove all packaging.
Warm a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat while you score the skin 6-10 times across each breast.
Season inside and out.
Cook the crown skin-side down in the pan for 2-4 minutes until all the skin is seared and starting to turn golden-brown.
Use tongs to move the crown from the pan to a trivet over a roasting tray, skin-side up.
Cook in the middle of the oven for 5 minutes per 100g.
Rest for 10-20 minutes before carving.
All ovens vary in performance, this is a guide only.
Return To Address
Something to say?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Country of Origin
|Typical Values||(cooked as instructions) per 100g||(cooked as instructions) per 150g serving|
|of which saturates||0.5g||0.8g|
|of which sugars||0.1g||0.2g|
|This pack provides 2 to 3 servings|
- Life guarantee
- Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow with the Life guarantee starting the following day. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.