Gressingham Whole Duck Serves 2-4 Typically: 2kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 5)*
Price per kg: £8.99
Min. weight: 1.6kg
Max. weight: 2.4kg
Fresh Class A
The remarkable duck
The Gressingham Duck® is a remarkable breed, grown on Red Tractor assured farms in East Anglia and famous for its meaty succulence. Gressingham whole duck is fantastic with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy.
The Gressingham breed came about when the small but flavourful wild Mallard was crossed with the larger Pekin, giving a meaty, succulent duck with more breast meat and less fat. Remember, if it's not from us, it's not Gressingham.
The cared-for duck
We breed, hatch, rear and then prepare the ducks by hand here in the neighbouring counties of Suffolk and Norfolk. We're a family-owned and run business, determined to do the right thing by our ducks.
Have a look at the underside of this label for a recipe idea and to discover more about what makes Gressingham Duck® so remarkable.
- Brands: Gressingham Foods
Oven cook - From Chilled. The easy-to-cook duck
Here are the details on roasting your Gressingham Duck® from chilled.
Preheat the oven to 220°C, Fan 200°C, Gas Mark 7.
Remove all the packaging. Take the bag of giblets out of the body cavity (they're useful for stock).
Weigh the duck without the giblets. It's important to do this - don't just use the weight on the label, as that includes the giblets.
Place on a rack in a roasting tin, prick the skin all over and rub a teaspoon of salt into the skin.
Roast in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes extra.
Rest the duck for 10-20 minutes.
All ovens vary in performance, this is a guide only.
Preparation and Usage
Be the talk of the table by roasting this meaty, succulent Gressingham Duck®
1 Remove giblets, prick skin and season.
2 Roast in the middle of the oven.
3 Let the duck rest for 10-20 minutes, then carve.
Gresingham Duck® with honey and rosemary jus and roast potatoes
Homely and satisfying, this roast works really well with carrots and broccoli on the side.
Along with the duck, you'll need:
4tbsp Gressingham Duck® fat
1kg roasting potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 garlic bulbs, halved
4 sprigs rosemary
1 onion, chopped
400ml chicken stock or water
250ml white wine
1. Start cooking the duck as detailed on the front of this label, with the addition of the duck fat in the roasting tray.
2. After 45 minutes, add the potatoes, rosemary, onion and garlic, baste and season. Continue to baste every half an hour.
3. When the duck is done according to the pack instructions, take it out of the oven and keep warm.
4. Move the potatoes to a baking tray, baste and continue to cook until done.
5. Pour off the fat from the first roasting tray and keep in a heatproof container for next time.
6. This will leave the juices, garlic and rosemary behind. Add the wine, bring to the boil and scrape the bits off the bottom. Strain into another pan, add the chicken stock, and reduce by half or until it starts to thicken. Stir in the butter and honey. Taste for seasoning and sweetness and adjust accordingly.
All ovens will vary in performance. These are guidelines only.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
|Typical Values||(cooked as instructions) per 100g|
|of which sugars||<0.1g|
|of which saturates||5.6g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||6.7g|
|of which poly-unsaturates||1.6g|
|of which sodium||0.10g|
Children and adults alike go mad for this salad! Serve with pancakes on the side should you wish to make duck pancakes - take the pancakes and place them on a serving plate. Cover 1 tsp of hoisin sauce over the centre of the pancake, add some salad and some spring onion, wrap into a parcel and serve straight away! You could also add some watermelon cubes and roasted cashew nuts to this salad if you wish.
2 hrs 12 mins
Nothing beast a traditional roast Gressingham duck with all of the trimmings for Sunday lunch. Remember to save the duck fat to make delicious crispy roast potatoes.
1 hr 50 mins
For something a little different, this festive dish is rich with seasonal citrus flavour.
Dark fruit cuts through the succulent richness of roast duck in this new version of a Chinese favourite. This dish is part of the Delia & Heston collection featured at Waitrose.com
2 hrs 40 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.