Offer - Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost with 4 Month Feed 10L
Price per litre: 42.9p
Perfect for potting, planting & containers
Superior moisture control
Promotes season long flowering
Feeds for 4 months
What is West+
West+ Multi-Purpose Compost is the ultimate in growing media, specially formulated to feed your plants for up to 4 months and perfect for use all around the garden. Its high performance, light-weight formula delivers unrivalled results in plant health, flower and root development.
West+ is a mix of 50 peat and 50% West+ wood fibre giving it a unique look and exceptional growing results. The West+ wood fibre ingredient is a sustainable, high performance peat replacement produced from FSC certified trees. The light fibrous composition of West+ provides the perfect environment for root growth.
Why Use West+
Exceptional growing results for flowers and vegetables.
Easier to re-wet, retains moisture drains easily.
Even and long-lasting, feeds for up to 4 months.
50% lighter than standard Multi Purpose Compost making it easier to transport round the home & garden.
High quality growing medium that reduces the impact on the environment.
'This pack has been filled in accordance with the Growing Media Association Code of Practice for Quantity measurement' available from www.growingmedia.co.uk
Westland is a member of GMI (Growing Media Initiative). Promoting good environmental practice for growing media and helping to reduce the use of peat.
At Westland we are always striving to make our products clearer and easier to understand so you can make more informed purchase decisions. This compost contains a medium level of peat for a better, more consistent growing medium with improved moisture and nutrient retention. It offers the ideal balance between air and water holding, making it the perfect environment for healthy root growth.
The Nutrient Guide gives an indication of the level of nutrients in compost. West+ Multi-Purpose Compost sits in the 7-8 range providing a medium-high level of balanced nutrients sufficient to feed plants for up to 4 months after planting.
pH is a measure of the acidity of the compost. A pH that is too low or too high will result in reduced nutrient uptake. This compost has the optimum pH to ensure that the correct amount of nutrients are freely available for plant uptake.
Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals. Reseal bag after use.
How do I use it?
First, put on a pair of gloves and rework compost between your hands, so it regains its intended texture. Then you're all set.
Seedlings / Pricking Out
- Prick out seedlings once they're large enough to handle.
- Hold seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and tease out root using a dibber or pencil.
- Plant seedlings apart to allow for growth.
- Water regularly until the seeds are ready to be potted on.
- Water plant well and allow to drain before potting.
- Allow enough space to accommodate roots.
- Remove from pot and plant in container, firming the compost gently around the roots.
- Once fully planted water well.
- Fill seed tray evenly with compost, then firm gently and water.
- Make sloping cut in stem of cutting and remove all bottom leaves. Dip end of cutting in hormone rooting powder to encourage rooting.
- Make a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber.
- Place cutting into hole and firm compost gently around it.
- Cover tray with glass/polythene to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot away from direct sunlight, until cuttings have taken.
- Line the basket and fill with compost.
- Plant with trailing plants around the outside and upright plants in the middle.
- Water well.
- Dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost.
- Place plant in hole and back fill with compost.
- Firm compost around plant and water well
Country of Origin
Westland Horticulture Ltd,
14 Granville Industrial Estate,
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.