Hidalgo La Gitana Manzanilla Sherry 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Produced by the family firm, Bodegas Hidalgo (founded in1792) it is one of Spain's oldest wine brands
Dry, fresh, crisp and delicate. LA GITANA is the classic Manzanilla and a popular favourite in Spain.
Produced by the family firm, Bodegas Hidalgo (founded in1792) it is one of Spain's oldest wine brands.
- Brands: Hidalgo
- Grape Varieties: Palomino
- Wine Styles: Dry Sherry
- Countries: Spain
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Fortified Wine
To enjoy this wine at it's best, we suggest it should be drunk soon after purchase and kept in the fridge once opened.
Ideal as an apertif or with a wide variety of light dishes such as seafood, smoked food, olives and 'tapas'
Preparation and Usage
Ideal as an apertif or with a wide variety of light dishes such as seafood, smoked food, olives and 'tapas'.
To enjoy this wine at its best, we suggest it should be drunk within 12 months of the date of bottling given.
Dry, fresh, crisp and delicate.
Bodegas Hidalgo SA
Mentzendorff & Co Ltd
Bodegas Hidalgo is the definitive Manzanilla house, established in 1792 and now thriving under the sixth generation of the founding family. It is one of the few family owned bodegas left. `La Gitana Manzanilla is one of Spains oldest wine brands and today one of the country's most popular. Its dry, fresh style is the perfect foil for the seafood tapas in the seaside town of Sanlucar de Barrameda.
Hidalgo have occupied the same bodega in the seaside town of Sanlucar de Barrameda since 1792. It is the closest to the sea, ensuring that the bodega is cooled by a breeze in the hot summer months, which helps preserve the freshness of hundreds of barrels of Manzanilla, protected from oxidation by a layer of yeast "flor". Hidalgo are unusual in the sherry region for owning many of their own vineyards to ensure that top quality Palomino Fino grapes are delivered from the chalky "albariza" soils.
The wine is produced from only free run juice. Fermentation is controlled in water-cooled stainless steel tanks, using the natural yeast on the grape. Fortification from 11.5% approx to 15% alc.vol then takes place using neutral grape alcohol. Wine is then matured for seven years in `solera or `fractional blending system in casks of American oak in the coastal town of Sanlúcar de Barrameda in Andalucia. Maturation is under a veil of yeast or `flor ensuring the light dry taste of La Gitana Manzanilla.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Produced and bottled by:
La Gitana S.A.
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
A perfect mid-week supper dish that uses potatoes instead of the traditional rice or noodles.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 25-Mar-2015 at 05:24. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.