Isabel's Gluten Free Pizza Base Mix 300g
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 99.7p
By using only natural allergy free flours and the expertise of both Isabel and Salvo's, a delicious, gluten-free, thin crust Neapolitan-style pizza base was created. Chewy, crispy and tasty.
Why not try our Dough Balls Mix
Delicious enough for everyone!
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
To make 4 pizza bases:
300g Pizza base mix (2 sachets)
200ml of cold water
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg lightly whisked
If using 1 (150g) sachet, halve the quantities & use a small egg.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c (180°c for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6.
2. Mix ingredients in a large bowl. Knead well until dough is silky & pliable. Divide into 4 balls.
3. Roll out each ball into 20cm (approx) diameter & about 2mm deep, then dust with cornflour to prevent the dough sticking.
4. Bake on non stick tray for 20 minutes turning half way. Remove from oven & add topping. Bake until toppings are cooked.
For best results avoid using tomato sauce with too much moisture. Try adding the topping on the base without part baking, the base might be a little chewier in the middle, but you might enjoy it! Roll out any unused dough, cover with cling film & freeze to use later.
Free From Potato or Maize
Preparation and Usage
For best results, apply a very thin layer of tomato sauce, or tomato pesto to the base before part baking (this will stop the pizza base rising in the middle). You can then add more half way through if you wish. You could also try adding toppings to the base before part baking, the base might be a little chewier in the middle, but you might prefer this. Keep experimenting to find your perfect pizza!
To make 4 pizza bases:
300g of Isabel's Pizza Base Mix (2 sachets), 200ml of cold water, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1 large egg lightly whisked.
If using 1 (150g) sachet, halve the quantities and use a smaller egg.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 400°F (180°C for fan assisted) Gas Mark 6.
2. Mix ingredients in a large bowl. Knead well until dough is silky and pliable. Divide into 4 balls. 3. Roll out each ball into 20cm (approx) diameter and about 2mm deep. Use corn or rice flour for dusting to prevent the dough from sticking.
4. Bake on a non-stick tray for 10 minutes, turning over half way. Remove from oven and add toppings. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until toppings are cooked.
With this flour mix you can also make bagels, crepes, pasties, naan breads and Italian flat breads.
How to make bagels with this mix:
200g Isabel's Pizza Base Mix
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F (160°C fan assisted) Gas Mark 4.
2. Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Make a well in the middle, then add the eggs, oil and water. Combine all the ingredients together and knead until the dough feels smooth and elastic.
3. Divide the dough into 4-5 pieces. Shape each piece into a flattish ball, then make a hole in the middle of each ball. Place your finger into the hole, then shape the bagel around making a hole about 3cm wide.
4. Slip the bagels into the boiling water - no more than 2 at a time. Cook for 1 minute, turning over in the water until the bagels have puffed slightly and a skin has formed. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain away any excess water.
5. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment and sprinkle over your choice of seeds. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until browned and crusty. Leave to cool on a wire rack - then serve with your favourite filling!
Country of Packing
Isabel's Cuisine Ltd.,
Cutler Heights Lane,
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten, Free From Wheat, Free From Corn (Maize), Free From Soya\Soybeans
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Cassava (Tapioca) Starch, Modified Cassava Starch (100%) Cassava, Milk Powder, Natural Flavour, Salt
No Added Sugar; Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.0g|
|of which sugars||2.3g|
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.