Isle Of Jura Superstition Malt 70cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
From the Isle of Jura
Subtly sweet yet smoky
In A World Of Its Own
Nestled off the west coast of Scotland, the Isle of Jura is a place rich in legend yet shrouded in mystery. A place where good fortune folds a bewitching grip over the islanders, and the three highly distinctive Paps of Jura cast a long and foreboding shadow over the landscape. A magical haven where a sense of solitude is all-pervading; one road, one distillery, one community. There is no whisky and no island quite like Jura. It truly is in a world of its own.
Jura is an island wrapped in superstition. Never cut peat before May. Always finish a bottle of Jura on the day it's opened. There is a litany of strange and bewildering customs on Jura but maybe the one regarding the Ankh cross demands the greatest attention.
This ancient symbol dates back to Egyptian times and is long rumoured to bring good fortune. Just so long as you drink the whisky in the correct manner. The islanders believe that good luck comes by holding the bottle with the Ankh cross in the centre of your palm. Observe this ritual, they say, and good health and fortune will surely follow.
Crafted from a selection of the finest aged Jura single malt whiskies, this mysterious spirit has a unique style and character, where tastes of spice, honey, pine and peat with a whisper of smoke make a dramatic impact.
Live A Life Less Ordinary Become A Diurach
Diurachs is the Gaelic word for the people of Jura. Less than 200 strong but united by their love for the island and its whisky. One taste of our precious malt and we suspect you might feel the same. Become an honorary Diurach and eventually all the secrets of the island will be revealed. There can be no greater enticement.
The Isle of Jura can be found nestled off the west coast of Scotland. It's a place famed as much for its folklore as it is for its whisky. A magical haven where a sense of solitude pervades: one road, one pub, one community and one distillery. There is no whisky and no island quite like Jura. It truly is in a world of its own.
Jura is an island wrapped in superstition: never cut peat before May and always build haystacks in a clockwise direction. Perhaps it's the one regarding the Ankh cross that demands greatest attention. This ancient Egyptian symbol is rumoured to bring good fortune - just so long as you pour the whisky in the correct manner. Hold the bottle with the Ankh cross in the centre of your palm, they say, and good fortune will surely follow.
Diurachs is the Gaelic name for the people of Jura. Proud of our land and our whisky, we are a small and close-knit community of fewer than 200, united by the island we love and the warmth of its people. With a dram of the good stuff in hand, we toast the health of our friends near and far. Become an honorary Diurach and join us. Life doesn't get any better. You'll even get a free dram for life every month at the Jura Pub. To find out just how good being a Diurach could be visit jurawhisky.com
- Brands: Isle Of Jura
This mysterious spirit has a unique style and character, with tastes of tangy cinnamon, ginger spice and honey with whispers of salty sea spray, rich coffee and roasted chestnuts.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Isle of Jura,
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 05-Oct-2015 at 02:16. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.