Jacob's Creek Cool Harvest Sauvignon Blanc 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£9.00 per 75cl
Tasting Notes: a light to medium bodied wine with fresh lemon and pear fruit flavours with crisp green apple.
The 2013 vintage won a Bronze Medal at the DWWA 2015. Judged by wine experts, The Decanter World Wine Awards (DWWA) is the world's largest and most influential wine competition.
- Brands: Jacob's Creek
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Countries: South Australia
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: White
Pair with soufflés, Thai curries or any citrus based dessert.
Colour: Pale straw with green hues. Bouquet: Fresh lemongrass and grapefruit fruit notes are highlighted with a backdrop of attractive tropical passionfruit aromas. Palate: Zesty and refreshing, showing lemongrass, citrus and sweet tropical fruit flavours. The palate reveals a very fine balance between fruit sweetness and crisp acidity which are both persistent on the finish
Jacob's Creek Wines
Pernod Ricard UK Ltd
Jacob's Creek winemaking tradition dates back to 1847 when Johann Gramp planted his first vineyard on the banks of Jacob's Creek
A very cold & relatively dry winter was observed across all grape growing regions of South East Australia prior to the 2013 growing season. Mild weather with low rainfall was encountered during spring, which necessitated early season supplementary irrigation to aid the promotion of ideal vine canopy development. Sauvignon Blanc requires a healthy canopy cover for the fruit to ensure that the beautiful fresh tropical characters are maintained throughout ripening. Summer months were generally warm to hot, ensuring there was minimal disease pressure in the vineyard thus allowing the excellent quality of the fruit to ripen to its optimum. Harvesting was undertaken during the cool of the night at temperatures less than 15°C to ensure the pristine varietal nature of the fruit was perfectly captured. Sauvignon Blanc expresses appealing fruit intensity & acid balance for the style, which exhibits the fresh lemongrass, grapefruit & tropical fruit characters this varietal is known for.
During the summer months of 2013 our Viticulturists and Winemakers spent numerous hours in the vineyards identifying quality parcels of Sauvignon Blanc fruit to achieve the desired flavour profile. For Cool Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, a portion of the fruit was selected from premium cool-climate regions. Great effort was taken at each stage to retain and maximise the natural varietal flavours produced in the vineyards. Critical to this was harvesting the grapes during the cool of the night. The grapes were delivered immediately to the winery to be destemmed and gently crushed, minimising skin contact. In particular, the use of free run juice was significant contributor to ensuring the wine remained pristine. The juice was then cool fermented with specially selected yeast strains to preserve the delicate varietal flavours.
Return To Address
Pernod Ricard UK,
Building 12 Chiswick Park,
566 Chiswick High Road,
Country of Origin
Barossa Valley Way,
5352, South Australia,
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.